AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a cheap subwoofer, I have a Klipsch Quintet kit and the natural choice should be the KSW-12 but reading around I realized that the Sony SAW-M40 seems to be a close competitor at a very attractive price..

Surfing around I found a good 12" subwoofer procuded by BIC (does anyone know them?) to be exact the BIC V-1215.. unfortunately I was not able to find any review but tech sheet is awesome!

325W RMS, 750W peak 23180Hz freq. response 40-180Hz variable crossover.

This puppy is around 214 bux and seems a very interesting compromise.

Does anyone have any experiance with it? How it sounds?

I'm really sorry to bother you guys but the price/tech sheet performance ratio of this sub is very good and I think this could be an interesting thread for people with ~200 bux budget. Thanks in advance for your advices.

Best,

-nETTIE!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Try the partsexpress DVC/Titanic kits or the Sony SWA40M(or something like that). They're the best in that price range from what I've read.

·
Registered
102 Posts
that 40hz on teh low extreme seems to be a bit too high for a sub

i would want at the very least bass extension down to 30 hz

·
Registered
102 Posts
my mistake... i had a brain lapse.. it even says it there in his post

·
Registered
50 Posts
some more specs:

Design- Down-Firing, long-throw 12" subwoofer, dual "Venturi" vents, BASH amp.

Frequency Response- 23-180 Hz variable

Amplifier Power- 250 Watts

Signal-to-Noise-Ratio: Greater than 80 dB

Dimensions- 18 1/2"H x 17"W x 14" D

Finish: Black laminate

Manufacturer's Limited Warranty: 7 years Parts & Labor on driver, 2 years on amplifier & associated electronics.

Looks pretty damn good to me for the price! Anyone disagree? I'm looking to pick a sub up asap. :)

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AMD Soldier
some more specs:

Design- Down-Firing, long-throw 12" subwoofer, dual "Venturi" vents, BASH amp.

Frequency Response- 23-180 Hz variable

Amplifier Power- 250 Watts

Signal-to-Noise-Ratio: Greater than 80 dB

Dimensions- 18 1/2"H x 17"W x 14" D

Finish: Black laminate

Manufacturer's Limited Warranty: 7 years Parts & Labor on driver, 2 years on amplifier & associated electronics.

Looks pretty damn good to me for the price! Anyone disagree? I'm looking to pick a sub up asap. :)
Yep sounds good. If I werent in the motorcycle buying mode, id probably pick one up myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have th BIC V-1050 250W BASH amp. pretty good at first then it blew in the first month at 40% volume sent amp to be replaced....was returned still broken, so im pretty pisssed off, gonna get it resolved, but when it worrked it was pretty damn good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.