AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
They appear to be like the 242 panels but in skinnier or more squared up shapes. I could use some of the 12 x 48 x 2 " panels, but they are sold in boxes of 6 and I don't need that many. For specific applications and for making different colored and sized panel arrangements for aesthetic purposes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking but they only seem to be a couple of inches thick. I mean, everyone at GIK, and all other companies, say the thicker and larger the surface area the better. So I understand and welcome the different shapes but not at a lesser performance. Why not make the 242 or 244 in some different shapes??

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Maybe that's the eventual plan. Expand with the 4" versions after getting these up and running, see how sales go, reassess package sizes, etc.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hey guys,

The Spot panels is built with only a 2" profile and does come in 3 standard sizes. And yes we do sell them by the box to maximize shipping for the customer. If you do need less then what is in a box you can email use to price out shipping for you.

Also we can custom make the 242 and the 244 but there is a up charge for this. The 242 and th 244 are make totally different then the spot panel. The spot panel is more what you see on other sites that are just a framed up panel vs the 242/244 that has a 2 frame system. It maximizes the absorption with sound coming in from the sides and has a built in air gap.

Glenn

GIK Acoustics

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpack  /t/1470624/gik-spot-panel#post_23268643

That's what I was thinking but they only seem to be a couple of inches thick. I mean, everyone at GIK, and all other companies, say the thicker and larger the surface area the better. So I understand and welcome the different shapes but not at a lesser performance. Why not make the 242 or 244 in some different shapes??

Hi Bpack,

The Spot Panel was introduced more for commercial customers. They are a thin profile panel usually used to reduce reverberation and not really for small rooms dominated by modes. For a typical room, we usually suggest starting with the 242s as the thinnest treatment since the built in air gap allows for better absorption at a lower frequency and the frame system allows a wider variety of mounting options.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoledude  /t/1470624/gik-spot-panel#post_23267923

They appear to be like the 242 panels but in skinnier or more squared up shapes. I could use some of the 12 x 48 x 2 " panels, but they are sold in boxes of 6 and I don't need that many. For specific applications and for making different colored and sized panel arrangements for aesthetic purposes.

We could do a smaller order if you contact us directly. We can also custom size our 244s or 242s to be a different size if necessary as well.

Edit, also just to clarify Glenn's statement earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfipie  /t/1470624/gik-spot-panel#post_23287795

The spot panel is more what you see on other sites that are just a framed up panel vs the 242/244 that has a 2 frame system. It maximizes the absorption with sound coming in from the sides and has a built in air gap.

He's saying the 242s and 244s are what maximize the absorption by absorbing sound coming from the side with the built in air gap here - not the Spot Panel. Worded kinda funny so I figured I'd clarify.

The Spot Panels just have a frame that wraps around the edge of the panel, so you don't get any side absorption nor a built in air gap with them. They're primarily for reducing reverberation @ about 350 Hz and above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts