AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading about various room treatments, etc. and have came across these, GIK Tri Traps . Would adding these in the corners behind my mains really make a worthy difference for paying over $200? And also what are some guidelines for placing acoustic planels and bass traps that are also offered by GIK? As you can tell I am new to room treatments and need some help! Thanks!

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
For generalities, yes - the Tri-Traps will provide a benefit to you moreso than anything else I can think of for an approximate $250 investment. How you place things and how many of what you should have depend on what the room is used for (2 channel, HT, mix, etc.), it's size, amount of furniture and people, etc.

Part of what we offer is to consult with prospective customers about their room needs, proper treament selection, and and placment. If you'd use our contact form on our site, we'll be happy to work with you to get a more specific solution.

Bryan

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1130 /forum/post/0

Would adding these in the corners behind my mains really make a worthy difference for paying over $200?

Yes!

Room treatment, and especially bass traps, will do more to improve the sound you hear in your room than pretty much anything else you can buy. Even new loudspeakers, and I am serious.

--Ethan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Generally(I know this probaly has a lot to do with my room), what would be more effective in increasing sound quality? The GIK Tri Traps in the corners or the GIK Monster bass traps? And I know this is most likely a stupid question but placing room treatmeants behind things(chairs, etc.) would defeat the purpose of having it there right? Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but can the GIK Tri Traps be painted or covered with fabric(to match the color of the walls and gain wife approval
)? Also, would only using them in the front two corners be of noticable benefit or does one need to use them in all four corners?

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
To a point, the more you use the tighter the bottom end will become. 4 is not overkill in pretty much any room.

Painting them is a no-no as it is with pretty much any other kind of velocity absorber as it will change the absorbant properties. There are some custom cloth options available.

As to the Tri-Traps or Monsters, they're just different. If you can't take the space to straddle a corner and they have to be mounted flat to a wall, then the Monsters would be the better option.

Bryan

·
Registered
1,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb4 /forum/post/0

Don't mean to hijack, but can the GIK Tri Traps be painted or covered with fabric(to match the color of the walls and gain wife approval
)? Also, would only using them in the front two corners be of noticable benefit or does one need to use them in all four corners?

As Bryan said I would not paint them, but if you recover them with a open celled fabric you should be fine.

Glenn

·
Registered
87 Posts
Again not to hajack this thread, I have sent several emails asking for the shipping charge of Tri Traps to overseas. And there is no reply. Can Bryan and Glenn please help? I am really interested in getting Tri Traps.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I just sent you a PM..

Glenn

·
Registered
505 Posts
dmb1130,

If you are looking to save a few bucks and still get a quality product, then I suggest getting the GIK 244 panels.

You said, "Would adding these in the corners behind my mains really make a worthy difference?"

My response to that question would be YES.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.