AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
539 Posts
I hope the HD looks good.

Since my OTA WB station is multicasting with Fox, the HDTV signal does suffer with extra compression of the signal. I'm not real impressed with the way Smallville looks, but at least it is honest HDTV, unlike the psuedo HDTV (EDTV) that Fox is trying to foist on people.

I like this show and it should look good in HDTV.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has the "film to HD transfer" look, and is quite good. Interior shots are a bit dark, but not as bad as some shows.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Yeah This a HDTV Milestone night. Almost everything is in HD tonight. Now if they could only stop the "whatever....." dialog of the Gilmore girls, I might be able to stick with it more than 5mins.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
You lucky, lucky people who don't have 2(yes 2) local WB digital stations( cough ACME, cough, Cough Sinclair) which do only single channel, 480i 4x3 SD ...... :-(

·
Banned
539 Posts
Pretty mediocre HDTV. You can tell the Gilmore Girls doesn't have a huge production budget. Lots of available light shooting that almost looks like 16MM film. Certainly better than SDTV, but not great. I like the show, so this is definitely an improvement.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nabsltd
At least it is on my local WB (Washington DC, WDBC-DT 51).
WB20 in the Bay Area doesn't seem to have switched to HD tonight :(

Cheers!

DAve.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great I really need this show in HD and trading spaces in HD to improve the wife acceptance factor of spending all this money. Unfortunately we don't even have a WB local broadcaster and DirecTV has no national WB feed. Atleast trading spaces is now in HD.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Phloyd
WB20 in the Bay Area doesn't seem to have switched to HD tonight :(
Let me correct myself. Looking back at the stream I recorded it seems that WB have their HD on 20.2, not 20.1. My mistake.

Cheers!

DAve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.