AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using Girder (on an HTPC) to control DILARD (the D-ILA projector tool)?

I cant for the life of me make it respond to the Girder keystroke commands. Whats the correct target?

Thanks,

Andy K.

------------------

"L T One-Fifty

Did your light guide the wisemen,

to baby Jesus?"

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Andy,

I have Girder and an IRMan, but am simply using an IR keyboard input and Pronto for automation with Dilard right now. I just found it easier. Nothing against Girder or the IRMan.

The Dilard keystrokes are global, system-wide keystrokes. No matter what application is active, pressing the keystroke (or remote control button) will send the appropriate command straight to the projector.

I believe that the global keystrokes are operating on a hardware interrupt, so it is possible that the Win 32 API will only send the message if an actual key is pressed (or the appearance of a key, as in the case of an IR keyboard/Pronto).

Girder may have a way to send a "global" keystroke (without a target), but I never got that involved with it. That's what you're looking for, though.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,

I got it to work with Girder - Girder has an option to send to foreground task, which seems to work (Since, presumably you are intercepting *every* task including the foreground).

I dont have an IR keyboard, so I have to route things through IRMan/Girder.

Thanks for the advice,

Andy K.

------------------

"L T One-Fifty

Did your light guide the wisemen,

to baby Jesus?"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.