AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone managed to controll WinDVD using Girder ( www.girder.nl ) and my remote control and not using keyboard shortcuts or s.th. based on them? I tried using Windows Messages (WM_COMMAND) like I did with WinDVD 3.x but with no success. You can read more about this problem here

I contacted InterVideo but they are not willing to help me

Guys, let's put some pressure on them and make them add some support for Girder (I mean official WM_COMMAND interface) like so others have done - BSPlayer, ZoomPlayer, ...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a working group for WinDVD4 with open, close, play, stop, pause, 20x forward, 20x backward, next, previous, fullscreen, up, down, left and right which is working great. I will post it here when I get home from work.

Its too bad that you can´t change the soundtrack or subtitles from the menus.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You don't need WM_COMMAND for Girder to control apps. Just use a keyboard event targetted to the video window.

PowerDVD has the exact same "problem" but it is workable.

Ben

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here is my WinDVD4 group, just remove .txt from the file.

windvd.gml.txt 21.302734375k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great, it works!!! :)

Andreas, how did you discover these values for the WParam in WM_COMMAND? I check with capture tool both the keyboard shorcuts and the mouse clicks and neither of them uses such values?!?!

Do you know any other values?

I need commands for the numbers (so I can change chapters directly) and going to the root menu of the DVD - so I can simulate a stand alone player

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks.

The buttons on the GUI didn't work with the capture functions but the right button menu does. Have you tried to use keyboard commands and focus for the numbers? Like I did with left, right, up and down.

I'm going to put some more work into this weekend, I really want to change subtitles during the movie. I have also been thinking about some 16:9/4:3-switch which would be useful with my 16:9 screen and non-anamorphic dvd's.

I will post my findings here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.