AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 75% of my "poor-man's" multi-zone music server complete. I have a PC with two soundcards running two separate instances of Winamp. Each soundcard is connected to a different input on my multi-zone/multi-input amp. All the rooms I want to listen to music in have wall pads with IR repeaters back to the closet where the server is.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to use Girder and my Pronto to control each instance of Winamp seperately from each room. If the Pronto isn't hard enough to program, I can't make heads or tails out of the Gider "docs" to fgure out how to configure the server end.

Has anyone else had any success with such a project? I'm by no means married to Girder, so if there's a better package out there I'm all for it. I wish there was something better than ProntoEdit for the remote..very tidious to use, at least IMHO.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You will have a hard time sending commands to a particular instance of winamp if there are 2 running. Girder is your best bet for control of the pc, but maybe winamp and WMP9 together will give you the multizone capability you are looking for. You could also try setting up the advanced mouse control plugin to try clicking on the buttons in each winamp to send them commands, but that would be tricky and would require that both winamps be open, on the screen, and never move them. Not sure if this will work very well or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.