AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checked the girder forum and the online help before I posted but had no luck.

The Problem: I want HomeSeer to monitor my phone line via modem and execute an event when the phone rings (pause movie, pop-up message). However, I have used all available pci slots in my HTPC.

The Goal: Since I have an UN modem in my server box, I want to install HomeSeer and monitor the phone line on the server. When the phone rings, I would execute a girder event on the server which would need to call an event on my HTPC via TCP/IP I guess.

Needed Info: Can anyone give me a quick primer on setting up the Internet Server plugin on girder 3.1 and maybe a quick example of how to call an event from one PC to another?

Thanks to all!

Jeff

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've never used the Internet plugin for Girder, but according to Ron B it is extremely dangerous and opens your computer up to hackers.

However, have you looked at the readme that came along with the download; they're usually really good. You can also try posting on the Girder forum, where there is lots of great support.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As long as both machines are behind a firewall I would assume that the firewall would keep all internal machines protected even if the Girder plug in opens them up to comms...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.