AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Girder forum but traffic is light and I was hoping to get an answer intime for the weekend....

Hi Guys, I'm relatively new to Girder and have slowly been getting familiar with it. I'm at the point now where I want to use the "close all pop ups" GML file that is available inorder to automate the startup of TheaterTek. I discovered lastnight that I had forgotten to install the DVDSpy plugin which would likely explain why it was unable to detect the inserted media. I then made the mistake of using an older level of the plugin which Girder discovered and told me to get a newer level. I now have the 1.56 level of the plugin. I'm a little confused as to exactly what I need out of the package to get the GML to run properly. I know I need the plugin put in the plugin folder, I need to put the DisplaySpyHook.dll in the Girder folder and that I need to update the registry with the DVDSpy.reg file but, is there anything else that I really must install? Specifically, I'm asking about the MediaSpy.dll file. I'm not sure how to do the "self-registration" portion byrunning regsvr32 MediaSpy.dll. What is the exact syntax for doing this? I'm using Win2k if that makes a difference.....

Stay tuned for more questions as I progress! Let's see, I only have to learn about Dscalar, DVD ripping and "My HTPC" software next....Who said Home theater wasn't educational?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Chris,

I'm away from my HTPC at the moment, but there are two ways to set up DVDSpy.

The easy one is to copy all the files you downloaded in the Girder directory and look for the included windows batch file... just double click on it, and it will put all the files where they belong, register the .dlls, etc.

The harder way is to look for the bundled .html file (it is in a subdirectory...) and follow the instructions

Good luck

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I think the "easy" way must use the DVDspy.cmd file. It indicates that it will register all the dll's...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.k I'm making some headway with the DVDSpy plugin and the "close all popups" GML but I've ran into a problem that I need some insight on.

I deleted the event for the disk detection and then had it learn my DVD letter by inserting a DVD. It seemed to work ok as the Girder window now says "disk arrives d" and the GML file runs fine but ONLY if the Girder window with the tree etc is left open. If I close the window but leave Girder operational on the task bar then the GML does not run properly and leaves the popup displayed and TT does not start. The same applies if I exit Girder and start it up again. I can only get it to run if I reteach the disk insertion event and leave the Girder window open. Obviously, I've got something wrong...Could it be something to do with the DVDSpy plugin still? Should it show up in the plugin list under "settings"? It does not on mine and I thought I did what was required to install it properly by reading the included readme file. Anyone have any insight off the top of their head?

p.s I did do an apply after learning the disk insertion event......:)

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Chris,

you mean the plugin for dvdSpy doesen't show up in the list of girder plugins?If everything is set-up correctly, dvdspy will be listed and youhave to check the box beside it. Then you know DVDspy is capturing events.

If i recall, yes you can use the dvdspy.cmd file to self register all your .dlls but your system has to be set-up correctly for this to work. I am also away from my PC but basically just read the dvdspy read me file and this will tell you which .dlls to register depending on your installed software.

goto start->run then type in regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\Girder\\DisplayHook.dll" and then Windows will register that .dll. This is just an example but that's how you do it. If you do it right after running the regsvr32, Windows will pop up a window saying the .dll has been registered successfully. Then you know you have it right. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I'll try that...I found a post over on TheaterTek that also may have some insight. Seems the LUA script might need to be changed from having "Result" to "result". I just have to figure out how to edit the script as it doesn't stick if I change it directly in the "script" window on Girder.....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O.K! Kind of good news! :) I manually registered the required .dll files and reinstalled the DVDSpy plugin in the plugin folder. The GML now runs when the window is closed or after starting Girder again. I noticed that the disk detection event changed from saying "disk arrives d" to "disk insert d" so I think that the plugin was not installed properly the first time. I only have one problem now and that is that TT is started even if a data cd is inserted. I think the problem is because of the LUA script. I need to change the script from saying "Result" to "result" as per a post over on TT.

HOW DO I DO THIS?:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.