AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried getting some help on the Girder forum and received a reply stating they've never heard of this type of problem before and gave me no further direction, so... I figured I'd go here to try to get some ideas on how to solve this problem.

The Problem: If I open a program with Girder (using my Pronto remote), my keyboard ceases to function, however all the functions of the remote (Pronto) work just fine. I can Stop, Play, Pause, Check Stats, etc. with the Pronto but no response if I try it from the keyboard. (BTW, there are only 2 programs I ever use with Girder: Dscaler and ZoomPlayer.)

Now if I open these programs the more "traditional" way (ie. double-click on the icon), both the Pronto and my keyboard function just fine. I was told on the Girder forum that this was not normal Girder behavior but given no direction on where to look for possible causes/solutions.

This is where you guys come in......HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP me, PLEASE!!!!

I need ideas, anything you think I should check? ANYTHING AT ALL... please

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
If you send me a copy of your files, I will look at them and see if I can figure out your problem. My feeling right now is that there is something in the way that you are opening DScaler or Zoom Player that is causing the problem, but it would be a lot easier to figure this out if I could try the files for myself to see what is happening.

If this is agreeable to you, please send the files to my email address in my sig.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob...

You're a good man and I've taken you up on your offer to help... "You've got mail".

Anyone else up to the challenge???

Anyone else have the same problem??...

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Greg, I got the files you mailed me, but they are very incomplete. You just exported the DScaler GML, and I really need to examine your entire GML. Instead of exporting it, just zip up the file that you are auto-loading when Girder starts up.

From just a casual look at your GML, I found a small anomaly that might be the cause of your problem. Under "General/Exit and close DScaler/Open Dscaler" I see that you have chosen "keep focus" as a startup option. If that option does as I suspect (I have never used it), it will keep focus on the DScaler window. If you want to control DScaler with the keyboard, the focus must be on the Girder window, and not the DScaler window. Just let the targetting take care of applying commands to the proper window, rather than forcing focus on the DScaler window. Try changing the startup option to "default" and then applying the change (of course) and let me know if that solves your problem. Everything else in "safe start DScaler" and "open DScaler" looked fine.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bob...

Last night I just e-mailed to you the last 'version' I was working with. Originally, the targeting was set to "default" but while trying different things out, I changed it to "keep focus" and thought the problem was solved as Dscaler opened fine about 4 times in a row. Then on the fifth opening the keyboard again quit functioning and I stopped to export the file. I will send you the whole file right now.

Again Thanks for your time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.