AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some quick background: I've been using Girder (the last free version) with an IRMan receiver to control my HTPC for years now. I just upgraded to Windows 7 and have been setting up the remote codes to work with everything. I'm still using my old MX-500 universal remote which works great.

My problem: because I'm using TheaterTek as my DVD player, MPC-HD as my video player, and Windows Media Center for music and TV I'm trying to customize the playback commands (play, pause, stop, etc.) to work with everything. I've currently figured out everything except live TV. For example, I have the Girder "Pause" command to send to TTek window AND MPC-HD window AND wmplayer.exe (which handles CDs). So, all of those components work correctly when they are active. Now I'm trying to find where to send this command to also control live TV. If anyone knows what .exe (or class / window name) to send it to I'd be very grateful.

Note too that simply sending the pause command (Ctrl-P) to the main Media Center window (ehshell.exe) doesn't work, although when I started I assumed doing that would work for both music and TV.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts