1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
24,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Megan Fox ....... Booth 6235

at

CEDIA 2009!

CINEPRO, SMX SCREENS & BARCO PROJECTION are all geared up to "WOW YOU" with "The Greatest Show " at CEDIA 2009!

Many are saying that CEDIA 2009 will be a dead show, with attendance gradually decreasing by 10 - 20% each year over the last 3 years. Well, we feel that CEDIA 2009 will be far from dead, attracting only quality successful dealers/integrators who are looking for those unique lines that will push their business forward. This recessed economic period can be very advantageous, weeding out those who are struggling in a sea of qualified integration experts. Every year, there are more and more unqualified "alarm guys" getting into the High End Home Theater Market because their businesses are slow and they believe that Home Theater is just about pulling and terminating wires.

2009 could very well turn out to be the BEST CEDIA tradeshow in a long time. Quite simply, we will not subject you to a typical boring educational Home Theater Demo. We will not talk about why things look and sound so good...... That's Old School. We are going to give CEDIA Attendees something that they will remember for a long time, and it won't involve a live Strip Tease performance from Demi Moore!.....Although that would certainly be my demo choice for a CEDIA Trade Show!

Our PURPOSE is to give you the best HOME THEATER DEMONSTRATION that will "WOW" the most demanding CEDIA Attendee!

Don't miss out on all the action! Visit Booth 6235 and experience CINEPRO, SMX SCREENS & BARCO PROJECTION... presenting:

"The Greatest Show at CEDIA 2009!"

P.S. Oh by the way, you didn't think Megan Fox would be appearing in person, did you?

About Cinepro

With its corporate headquarters in Mount Sinai, NY - Cinepro Inc. oversees it's facilities, on the East and West coasts. They continue to produce the finest sounding and the most realistic home theater sound systems only understood by those who have had the opportunity to "EXPERIENCE" a proper demo. Cinepro's V.P. Gus Cossifos states: "when you totally WOW & Impress, Theo Kalomirakis of TK Theaters, Robert Kaufman of Audio Command Systems, George and Robert Bliss of Bliss Home Theaters & Automation, Inc. with just one 5 minute demomonstration you know you have something really, really special." These guys have designed Hundreds of million dollar theaters and they don't impress easily. It's not by accident that we are impressing and Wowing guys like Theo, Robert Kaufman, Robert and George Bliss. Michael J. Panicci, Pres. and Gus Cossifos continue to push forward making "The Home Theater Experience" out of this world.

Theo Kalomirakis..has been regarded as the "Father of Home Theater". He has created some of the world's finest private home theaters. His designs and reputation are known throughout the world.

" Amazing sound that is Extremely dynamic, crystal clear and very realistic. If you are serious about Home Theater you must audition Cinepro, Words simply can not justify the Cinepro "Experience".

Robert Kaufman

of Audio Command Systems, voted America's Top Audio Video Integrator several years by CePro.

" Just one 5 minute demo clip convinced me that Cinepro is a must have. It was an easy decision and is an impressive addition to ACS. "

Robert C. Bliss, Jr. & George Bliss of Bliss Home Theaters & Automation, Inc. Recipient of Robb Report "Installation of the Year" & Crestron's "Ultimate Connected Home" 05 & 06!

" How do you describe to someone what it feels like to ride in a Ferrari at a 180 mph? The same lies true when you try to tell someone what a Cinepro system sounds like in a 7000 cubic foot room at a 115+ db!! Powerful, detailed, smooth, visceral and amazing just doesn't seem to cut it!!. "

Dr. Constantine (Gus) E. Cossifos V.P.

Experience What You've BeenMissing!

914-879-2286
www.cinepro.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
18,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine /forum/post/17006679

Well built, well designed. Functional, not pretty.

Just the way I like my electronics.. and how I used to like my women. Fortunately my woman (fiance) is pretty AND functional.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
The back row Bar is an invention of mine, actually more of a discovery in viewing environment design that happened accidentally when 4 girls (2 swedish and 2 brazilians) decided out of the blue that it would be best to cut down a wall and make a Viewing Bar at my former Ocean Drive Viewing Room. The details Art make sure to ask me in private.

Originally the idea was to have a booth with the open access viewing Bar at the rear and a VIP section in the front, since the booth was conceived initially for video only and then later when cinepro got on board, now Gus wants to be able to control the showings so the Bar and the front two rows have been integrated.

The bar is a great way to watch and have fun with friends. In the future as every video projector and screen manufacturer exhibiting at a show uses the viewing bar in the rear, you will know where the humble beginnings of this peculiar viewing space planning concept came from.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
State of the art acoustically transparent masking screens, Mix Mode reference grade In-wall surround sound systems, and contrast optimized DCI compliant projectors to debut at CEDIA 2009 - Booth 6235.

Coconut Creek, FL - Mount Sinai, NY - Miami, FL - (August 10, 2009 )

This is not your typical cubicle partition booth.”-Says Ruben Ortiz, founder of SmX Cinema Solutions, Corp. “This is a light controlled acoustically optimized cabin showcasing a scaled version of our next generation large-room audio video ensemble.” The Temple of Home Theater features the critically acclaimed SMX PROMASK-QUAD 4 way masking screen fitted with the latest SMX 4K acoustically transparent CineWeave woven surface which experts describe as appearing impermeable from a close-by vantage point.

In addition, SMX will be showcasing five different fixed and masking screen models including the ProMask-Curv two-way curved masking screen, the ProMask-CH two-way flat masking screen, the ProLine flat fixed projection screen and the ProCurv curved fixed projection screen. SMX will also be introducing the industries first affordable manual masking option the PRO-PANELS for masking flat and curved fixed projection screens.

CINEPRO will be showcasing new editions to their high powered AFM Speaker System. With over 10,000 watts it will effortlessly exceed reference levels without compression, distortion, or any signs of ear fatigue, while hidden behind the high resolution acoustically transparent SmX masking screen.

Michael Panicci, Pres. and DR. Constantine Gus Cossifos, V.P., will be introducing their NEW 15 HVV Subwoofers which provide a more powerful level of bass output and have a significant advantage over industry standard sealed and vented designs. They are faster, tighter, more faithful to the input signal and play louder with greater impact. Cannons, depth charges, gun shots and explosions will attain new levels of realism and authority.

CINERAMAX will be showcasing a SUPERKONTRAST modified BARCO DP-1200 with exclusive convergence and lamp focus adjustability. It yields double the native contrast of this celebrated platform while the Depth FX patented LUTs enhances dimensionaliSation. “We look forward to bring an earnest alternative to the practice of projector re-branding so prevalent in the high end consumer projector arena”.

Only three manufacturers are licensed to do Cinema DLP, this precludes their re-badging by consumer DLP brands because DCI compliant projectors, whose optics and electronics are superior to the 1080p category commonly re-baptized, legally cannot be re-branded. Thus we offer the CEDIA Home Theater installer/designers a more transparent value-added business model with an image superior to solutions costing 5 times its price.

“Together with Moving image Technologies' online monitoring and diagnostics we take advantage of BARCOs global 3-D digital cinema rollout infrastructure with their spare parts module dispatch and a global network of certified technicians to achieve the best possible support to critical screening rooms everywhere” says Peter Montoulieu a co-founder of CEDIA and Technical Director, CINERAMAX LLC.

“We call upon those fervent believers of home theater that will be making their pilgrimage to CEDIA this year to experience true joy and glory at the TEMPLE OF HOME THEATER. May you find the peace that comes with renewing your faith in high technology.” –Gus Cossifos, VP CINEPRO.[/size][/size]

Location in the ghost hall C:

You can see it is light controlled.

Here is the Movie Theater pre-show dlp from MiT

And really although the Barco is a good platform it would be woefully inadequate without the precise combination of Superkontrast and depth FX intellectual property jointly developed through MIT and us over a period of 18 months. When I hear someone wants to copy the same idea, believing that they will make their own gamma curves the hairs on the back of my neck get raised. There is only ONE possible Patented LUT that will make this projector do what it does, I feel running this projector at Rec 709 for HT is under utilizing the projector.

A very novel Spike arrestor designed for the Cinema Projector rack actually tells you the history of how many spikes have been thwarted.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/17007403

The bar is a great way to watch and have fun with friends. In the future as every video projector and screen manufacturer exhibiting at a show uses the viewing bar in the rear, you will know where the humble beginnings of this peculiar viewing space planning concept came from.

Peter, I was at a friend house last week for the "maiden voyage" of his new HT. He had one of these bars behind 2 rows of seats. I arrived a bit late so had to stand at the bar. There was still a great viewing angle, but the ability to amass huge quantities of beer and wings was a massive bonus. I have already got my installer on the case. It really is that good. I will NEVER have an HT again that does not include one.

You have, on more than one occasion, accused me of being a control freak. The bar will allow me to forgo my "money seat" and stand at the rear watching for any fidgeting, talking or another behaviors that I have prohibited by my guests. A laser pointer shone on an armrest would indicate to any miscreant that they are under scrutiny. I think this may revolutionize my HT experience. I can now change my title from "Der Wirt" to "Der Kommandant". I will have a suitable badge made next week.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Peter,

I will be on the show floor from the Tuesday evening onwards so will wander over and introduce myself.

I just hope for you that the fabric SMX are showing is better than the laughably poor "4K" they showed at CEDIA UK.

This is this the second time in as many weeks I have heard someone claim to have invented the "bar at the back" concept - perhaps we should all just agree that it works well and leave it at that

·
Banned
17,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceenhad /forum/post/17007996

I just hope for you that the fabric SMX are showing is better than the laughably poor "4K" they showed at CEDIA UK.

Great look forward to meeting you Neil. Apparently Ruben had heard of your comment previously because he had assembled a test board.

Your 4k comment is interesting because I actually saw 3 swatches of the screen company you auspice, and the laughably part was in role reversal to what you describe.
Perhaps you guys are laughing at different things.
Testament that sense of humour appears to run rampant among members of the woven screen community.

I saw what appeared to be a cotton see through shirt material that you guys market as 4K. It is definitely organic in nature. It was too "see-through" in comparison to the pvc weave variety ( i was told this would trap dust overtime clogging the holes), hence it's going to be "Progressively darker" than 1 gain over time. In all fairness I did not see it on a 4k projector just 1080p, maybe it works great on lcos, but I do not enorse LCOS, even the SONY Digital Cinema Lcos. We already have a plan for installers that want to have 4k dlp installed it involves the DP3000 series 2, if you want you can buy the DP-4000 (or whatever the model number for the Barco 4K) We know how much it is going to cost, Mit will take back the 2k DP3000s2 and replace it with the 4k when it comes out in 2011.

The other synthetic samples from your group were also darker than the control group from the SMX, one of yours also had a parallel diagonal pattern of some sort that could be seen from 10 feet or so.

I am just being the messenger on this, so please...

·
Registered
633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/17008014

Your 4k comment is interesting because I actually saw 3 swatches of the screen company you auspice, and the laughably part was in role reversal to what you describe.
Perhaps you guys are laughing at different things.
Testament that sense of humour appears to run rampant among members of the woven screen community.

With speakers, it is always amazing to me how much nice margin and a good commercial story can improve the sound quality that you hear in before and after demos!

Who knows, perhaps screens share this difficult to explain trait - perhaps we should call it psycho visual phenomena!!!

I promise to have an open mind in any case since I am curious to see the big Barco with mods in place especially since I will have the Belgians with me.

·
Registered
24,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Peter,

Gus teamed with JVC , I think,some years ago at CEDIA. The volume was so high with extremely strident high frequency output that it was painful to sit through. I hope you won't let that happern in your booth. When I came out everyone was just shaking their heads at how rediculously loud it was.

Art

·
Registered
4,581 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX /forum/post/17006026

The booth is currently setup with a Preshow custom DELTA made MiT oem Cinema 1 chip (Which would be great for a GARDEN PROJECTOR AS IT IS VERY BRIGHT AND CHEAP). For a 7 grand unit thing will light up the wall of china, with really good content I was floored but with lesser content the noise shows because of the brightness; it also has adaptive Contrast which does not seem to breathe, and the rainbows are way less visible than in Joe Kanes projector playing the violin scene of the Dolby Demo Disc.

DC2
3K lumens, so that 7K$ represents the expected premium for 1080P over XGA, or discount to WXGAs for its lower lightoutput rating.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/17008278

Peter,

Gus teamed with JVC , I think,some years ago at CEDIA. The volume was so high with extremely strident high frequency output that it was painful to sit through. I hope you won't let that happern in your booth. When I came out everyone was just shaking their heads at how rediculously loud it was.

Art

He has been warned
. With the little system the sound is not strident though so we are cautiously optimistic about the big one.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Looking forward to this one.

Just in case it wasn't clear to anybody, the Megan Fox thing was just a teaser and according to that she won't be stopping by. Somebody is probably planning on showing something from Transformers though.

Give her a few years and she might be doing booth appearances at tradeshows.

--Darin

1 - 20 of 65 Posts