AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, thunder nerd here, but I got wii sports resort and I can't help but think about how cool it would be if Nintendo redid twilight princess with the new wii controls like they are doing Metroid with the old. I know they are building a new Zelda and are considering it, but how easy would it be to move the controls to Twilght Princess as a test. They could include an extra motion plus and I would pay $50 for it the first day.

The obvious - New sword ability, the sword fighting in resort isn't too bad once you get the hang of it, would be fun to test that out in Zelda. They could keep some of the special sword techniques you pick up, but would have to make new ones. How awesome is the Cave of ordeals now!

The second obvious - Archery, they should give you several settings to choose from that you could change whenever you wanted.

Easy - The normal dot, no gravity

Moderate - A fancy cross hair thing with gravity

Difficult - Something similar to resort but a much faster circle

The third kinda obvious - Rowing. Row like in wii sports resort. Put some cool think in lake Hylaya (think that is what that big lake is called)

The not so obvious - Boomerang uses the same control as Frisbee. This could have some settings too.

Easy - You point at everything you want at the screen and throw

Advanced - You point at everything you want at the screen, but must throw in range of the one of the items it highlighted and then it would get them all

The really not so obvious - Flying the airplane. You have that bird right, will make it so early in the game you get a bird call and ditch the reeds, have it so you can fly the bird all over a particular area like you can in sports resort.

Maybe they could add another temple with an item and some puzzles that use the new controls, a couple more caves and a new area, change the heart piece number from 5 to 6 and put more pieces out there that use the new controls to get. Include an extra motion plus and I would pay $50 for it the first day.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Well supposedly a new zelda game will be out in 2010 so I'm sure it will use it. I wonder how similar it would be to the twilight princess engine. I assujem they started over froms cratch since TP was based off of the GC engine.

Anyway yeah TP would have been even better with wii motion plus.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliskier /forum/post/16923287

Ok, thunder nerd here, but I got wii sports resort and I can't help but think about how cool it would be if Nintendo redid twilight princess with the new wii controls like they are doing Metroid with the old. I know they are building a new Zelda and are considering it, but how easy would it be to move the controls to Twilght Princess as a test. They could include an extra motion plus and I would pay $50 for it the first day.

The obvious - New sword ability, the sword fighting in resort isn't too bad once you get the hang of it, would be fun to test that out in Zelda. They could keep some of the special sword techniques you pick up, but would have to make new ones. How awesome is the Cave of ordeals now!

The second obvious - Archery, they should give you several settings to choose from that you could change whenever you wanted.

Easy - The normal dot, no gravity

Moderate - A fancy cross hair thing with gravity

Difficult - Something similar to resort but a much faster circle

The third kinda obvious - Rowing. Row like in wii sports resort. Put some cool think in lake Hylaya (think that is what that big lake is called)

The not so obvious - Boomerang uses the same control as Frisbee. This could have some settings too.

Easy - You point at everything you want at the screen and throw

Advanced - You point at everything you want at the screen, but must throw in range of the one of the items it highlighted and then it would get them all

The really not so obvious - Flying the airplane. You have that bird right, will make it so early in the game you get a bird call and ditch the reeds, have it so you can fly the bird all over a particular area like you can in sports resort.

Maybe they could add another temple with an item and some puzzles that use the new controls, a couple more caves and a new area, change the heart piece number from 5 to 6 and put more pieces out there that use the new controls to get. Include an extra motion plus and I would pay $50 for it the first day.

Thoughts?

Same thought as me, except replace Zelda & sword with Star Wars & lightsaber.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
LucasArt's ego is too big to pull a stunt to mimic WSR with their lightsaber games . Bring on Republic Heros which I read is already being poopoo'ed. WSR's sword looks like a saber to me.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
No thanks, I already own two versions of Twlight Princess already.

What I'd rather see is the Wind Waker get the New Play Control treatment so we could get a widescreen mode (And I suppose get Twilight Princess style controls, though I'm not a big fan of motion control in a Zelda game).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames /forum/post/16924275

No thanks, I already own two versions of Twlight Princess already.

What I'd rather see is the Wind Waker get the New Play Control treatment so we could get a widescreen mode (And I suppose get Twilight Princess style controls, though I'm not a big fan of motion control in a Zelda game).

Now thats a thought too, do it for wind waker. A lot of people do not have that game because of gamecube sales, put it in both games, wind waker and twilight princess. Bundle that together with a motion plus and add the functionality I mentioned above and they would not have to change anything else, I'm buying.

BTW I love this board. I have not spent a lot of time here in the past, most of my posts are for my Plasma or my souround sound. I have been reading through a lot of the posts and I am so pleased to see the respect given on this board. How refreshing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 /forum/post/16924142

Same thought as me, except replace Zelda & sword with Star Wars & lightsaber.

Yeah, bring on star wars. I think it would make battlefront II a blast, instead of just button mashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyHTPC /forum/post/16924244

LucasArt's ego is too big to pull a stunt to mimic WSR with their lightsaber games . Bring on Republic Heros which I read is already being poopoo'ed. WSR's sword looks like a saber to me.

Oh man, I have been waiting for a cool star wars game for the wii ever since it came out. I hope they can really use the motion plus in their up coming games. I did not like the WSR sword play at first, was easy to just spin the sword in the air and blow everyone away, but once you get to some tougher characters it gets to be more like a real match.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I think Wind Waker is the ONLY zelda console game ever that I haven't played through compeltely more than once. (well and TP, but that's more new is why I haven't... wind waker just gets boring).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/16926126

I think Wind Waker is the ONLY zelda console game ever that I haven't played through compeltely more than once. (well and TP, but that's more new is why I haven't... wind waker just gets boring).

I have played through both once only, I have wanted to pick them up again but am holding off for now. OOT and the original I have played through 2-3 times each. The OOT master quest was pretty cool too.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliskier /forum/post/16926300

I have played through both once only, I have wanted to pick them up again but am holding off for now. OOT and the original I have played through 2-3 times each. The OOT master quest was pretty cool too.

Yeah I played OoT original version at least twice and master quest at least twice. I think master quest was great. People complained it wasn't differentt enough. To me it was great. It had cool puzzls.

Actually I never played the TRUE original version of OoT where it had the fire temple chanting still in it because I bought the gold cartridge, decided to return the nintendo totally and returned that too, then decided no I must play zelda, bought nintendo again, bought zelda again but they had no gold left.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/16926681

Yeah I played OoT original version at least twice and master quest at least twice. I think master quest was great. People complained it wasn't differentt enough. To me it was great. It had cool puzzls.

Actually I never played the TRUE original version of OoT where it had the fire temple chanting still in it because I bought the gold cartridge, decided to return the nintendo totally and returned that too, then decided no I must play zelda, bought nintendo again, bought zelda again but they had no gold left.

I did not know that about OoT. I had to go check it out on youtube. Pretty erie.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Gray cartridges had it too early on. I didn't buy a N64 and OoT until the fall of 1999 and my gray cartridge had the Fire Temple music intact unlike in the two GameCube rereleases and the VC release.

Its a misconception that's been popularly spread through the internet that all gray cartridges had the changed music. It didn't happen until much later after the release (There were gray cartridges even at launch, only preorders got gold).

There are 4 revisions of Ocarina of Time. 1.0 is what all launch titles, gold and gray were. Version 1.1 was done a short time after launch and just addressed some glitches and was produced in 1999 (Which is what my cart is). Both versions retain the same audio and Ganondorf''s blood is red.

Later in 1999 or early 2000 came version 1.2, which was produced for the remainder of the console's lifespan and was heavily edited, removing some further glitches, changing Ganondorf's blood to green, and removing the alleged Islamic chant from the Fire Temple.

Ocarina of Time was modified one last time to version 2.0 for its release on the GameCube on the Ocarina of Time bonus disc for Wind Waker preorders, and later for its Zelda Collectors disc release and Virtual Console release. Changes include removing some additional alleged Islamic elements from the title, such as the symbol on Link's mirror shield.

Unless it was much later after Ocarina of Time's fall 1998 release Basher, your gray cartridge retained the original audio. You can tell by checking what the code is on it's front label.

V1.0: NUS-CZGE-USA - (Original release)

V1.1: NUS-CZLE-USA - (Original audio and all content retained, only fixes some glitches)

V1.2: NUS-CZLE-USA (01) - (Heavily edited, removes the Fire Temple chant and is the version most gray cartridges were)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Wow, I had the gold cartridge, and I played through the game probably 3 times on the N64, and I don't remember that at all.

I guess I've played the GC and Virtual Console ones too much since back then.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Leo I knew some grey ones had it so I had hoped mine would, but it doesn't. At least I sure don't think it did. Basically you hear mumbling/somewhat chanting in all versions, right? But in the 1.0 ones it then threw in more "in the foreground" true chanting every so many seconds I think?

My cousin has the gold one. Would be cool playing through it on the original.

Anyway my favorite zelda dungeon of all time is the forest temple on OoT. I got stuck in it a couple times, but anyway it has the PERFECT eerie atmosphere to it!

I wonder when I did buy OoT. For some reason I had stopped keeping up with Nintendo too much, but I found out about OoT somehow. I could have sworn it was enar launch. Actually didn't it have to be SOMEWHAT clsoe to launch just for the fact that any gold was still in stores?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames /forum/post/16928078

Gray cartridges had it too early on. I didn't buy a N64 and OoT until the fall of 1999 and my gray cartridge had the Fire Temple music intact unlike in the two GameCube rereleases and the VC release.

Its a misconception that's been popularly spread through the internet that all gray cartridges had the changed music. It didn't happen until much later after the release (There were gray cartridges even at launch, only preorders got gold).

There are 4 revisions of Ocarina of Time. 1.0 is what all launch titles, gold and gray were. Version 1.1 was done a short time after launch and just addressed some glitches and was produced in 1999 (Which is what my cart is). Both versions retain the same audio and Ganondorf''s blood is red.

Later in 1999 or early 2000 came version 1.2, which was produced for the remainder of the console's lifespan and was heavily edited, removing some further glitches, changing Ganondorf's blood to green, and removing the alleged Islamic chant from the Fire Temple.

Ocarina of Time was modified one last time to version 2.0 for its release on the GameCube on the Ocarina of Time bonus disc for Wind Waker preorders, and later for its Zelda Collectors disc release and Virtual Console release. Changes include removing some additional alleged Islamic elements from the title, such as the symbol on Link's mirror shield.

Unless it was much later after Ocarina of Time's fall 1998 release Basher, your gray cartridge retained the original audio. You can tell by checking what the code is on it's front label.

V1.0: NUS-CZGE-USA - (Original release)

V1.1: NUS-CZLE-USA - (Original audio and all content retained, only fixes some glitches)

V1.2: NUS-CZLE-USA (01) - (Heavily edited, removes the Fire Temple chant and is the version most gray cartridges were)

Wow, you seem to know a lot. Every once in a while I search the web for information on the making of Oot and TP. Do you know anything on the history of the games. What got deleted, what got changed, production facts? I always thought it would be cool if Nintendo released a prebuy dvd of the making of the game.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/16928214

Leo I knew some grey ones had it so I had hoped mine would, but it doesn't. At least I sure don't think it did. Basically you hear mumbling/somewhat chanting in all versions, right? But in the 1.0 ones it then threw in more "in the foreground" true chanting every so many seconds I think?

My cousin has the gold one. Would be cool playing through it on the original.

Anyway my favorite zelda dungeon of all time is the forest temple on OoT. I got stuck in it a couple times, but anyway it has the PERFECT eerie atmosphere to it!

I wonder when I did buy OoT. For some reason I had stopped keeping up with Nintendo too much, but I found out about OoT somehow. I could have sworn it was enar launch. Actually didn't it have to be SOMEWHAT clsoe to launch just for the fact that any gold was still in stores?

Absolutely, Forest Temple OoT has always been my favorite level of all the games. I love the twisting hallways. Have you ever seen the 80's movie Labyrinth? Referring to the staircase hall where the characters can walk on the underside of the staircases.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...--stairs-3.jpg

I have always hoped Nintendo would incorporate that into a temple. A central staircase shaft where you can walk on the top and bottom of the staircases that has to be negotiated to get to other parts of the temple would be really cool. I would love to see some M. C. Escher type stuff in a temple.

http://designingquests.com/blog/wp-c...relativity.jpg

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Yeah I've seen Labyrynth. I liked that movie and it's been so long that I forgot various details now.

I sure hope the next zelda game does come out in 2010 and has no delays. They already said they were working on it BEFORE twilight princess was released, if I'm not mistaken... so even 2010 is a long time after they started production!

I may play OoT MQ soon just because that's the game I can neve rget tired of (either OoT version) and I want to play the forest temple again. lol

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I see a common theme here, the Forest Temple was my favorite part of Ocarina of Time as well.

I'm really not that knowledgeable about Ocarina of Time. I've seen many prerelease screenshots showing things that were heavily modified or not there in the final release, and things about the areas and such you can access with a GameShark, and the Arwing from Star Fox.

Most of my knowledge from the different versions of Ocarina of Time came from research when this question popped up at a different board I visit. I realized my gray cartridge indeed had the red blood and chanting intact, and I did some research before jumping in to disprove someone that was passing along how only gold cartridges had it.

I have seen something no one except Nintendo has, that I've never been able to replicate and have never bothered to mention online since I doubted it would be believed. I wasn't using any cheating devices and was on Epona in front of the fortress the Gerudo (The woman thieves) are in near the haunted wasteland, and was able to trample one of them on Epona with a dead body and blood as a result. Wish I had had a videotape running to catch that. Have never been able to replicate that. They're not supposed to be able to be killed like that. It must've been a glitch that uncovered something that was programmed into the title but wasn't enabled for the final release.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.