AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been using a Optoma H57 for 5 years now and the picture is great. Color wheel broke before the big game. Ordered the Panny AE4000 and used it, now i compare side by side and i swear the Optoma H57 has a better picture than the AE4000. please tell me your opinion and feedback., could it be i need a good calibration for the AE4000?

·
Registered
440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydread007 /forum/post/18137346

i have been using a Optoma H57 for 5 years now and the picture is great. Color wheel broke before the big game. Ordered the Panny AE4000 and used it, now i compare side by side and i swear the Optoma H57 has a better picture than the AE4000. please tell me your opinion and feedback., could it be i need a good calibration for the AE4000?

You are right. The Optoma H57 is better. All the reviews about the AE4000 were just made up. Nevermind the threads in two forums.

But if you like the picture better from the 5 year old projector that is out of production, go with that. If I were you I'd post an offer to trade your new AE4k for an Optoma H57. Someone will find it for you.

·
Registered
935 Posts
There's no question that DLPs look a lot different than LCDs. I personally much prefer the picture of a DLP. But if I was buying now, I'd probably pick an LCD for its much greater flexibility, and the Panny 4000 would be at the top of the list.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.