AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally gave up on waiting for ATI or a partner of theirs to come out with the mythical HDTV tuner cards (dStream Reference Design) that were purported to provide inexpensive full HDTV support with Radeon cards.

My WinTV-D card gave me just enough of an idea of what HDTV can really be. I got spoiled!

I now have a Sony SAT-HD100 along with a Sony KP-51HW40 RPTV and am off to the HDTV Hardware and Programming forums.

Bye!

Bob

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
yes do it, I thnk the ability to record even to disk is a huge advantage, and even better if you have a dv camera and use dvtranfer.

esPacailly if you already have a computer go with hiPix

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I would gladly get rid both my DTC100s if someone would come out with a DSS card. But I don't think that will ever happen.

Mike

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
One was planned at one time, but it never happened. With a merger on the horizon, I'm fairly sure it will never happen now, although it was probably dead before that talk started.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Affordable (under $300), mainstream computer hdtv is still a ways off, unfortunately. Sure, it can be done, but just read these forums to get an idea that's it's not quite ready for prime time. Members here are on the bleeding edge of this technology and are having as many headaches as Murphy's Law will allow (there's always room for one more)...

I'd give it another 18-24 months before computer hardware advances a bit more and 2nd/3rd gen hdtv pc tuner cards are out. In the meantime, I'll save my money and continue to read up on what's going on in the industry.

Recently I started a thread asking about these next-gen hdtv tuner cards, received very little replies, yet around the same time noted new software out for the hipix, which sounds like the card to get if you just have to have one of these things NOW.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.