AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've now tried two different ATI cards in my HTPC - I can't seem to get a 1x1 mapping into my Samsung. If I even try to create a custom resolution in Powerstrip, I get "Not Supported Mode" on the TV when it reboots (before it's even supposed to try the new resolution.)

Anyway, when I pop my NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 (with loudish fans) from my gaming system, it just comes right up with a gorgeous 1280x720 picture on either VGA or DVI. So, I think this is the way I want to go. Having some difficulty finding info on which cards have fans and which do not. Anyone have a suggestion for as good an Nvidia with DVI as can be gotten without a fan? (No room for fancy Zallman coolers)

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Before you give up have you tried to download the rage3d tweak utility?

With it you can also enable a bunch of non-standard resolutions.

Worth a shot before you have to spend more money or go through an exchange hassle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, that did it. I've been doing google/avs searches on radeo/dvi for days and have completely missed that.

Thanks! Pretty happy with the card otherwise - 9600, with just a heat sink so this rocks. And as a bonus, I get my gaming machine back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.