AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giving up on the 59D8000. I'm on my second unit (purchased through BB) and can't deal with the horrible directional buzzing. I replaced the first one but the second one is no better. My couch is about 9' away and centered, and the buzzing is very noticeable from my sitting position at low volumes or during quiet scenes. It is less noticeable at 45 degree angles from center.


It's a shame and incredibly frustrating because I'm in love with the PQ - it's very sharp with beautiful rich colors and awesome black levels. I want to stay with a 59-60" TV and am considering the 60GT30 (no VT in 60") and the Sony 60NX720. In the store the panny has a noticeable buzz (behind the screen, couldn't tell if any directional buzz) and I'm tired of dealing with buzz problems. The Sony has the best black levels of any LED I've seen (local dimming) and runs totally silent. I also like the Sony monolith design much better than the GT30 design.


If the goal is to get as close as possible to the 59D8000 PQ without the buzz, what should I do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Sorry to hear you are going to let go of the D8000. I have last years 58C8000 and the picture just kills every plasmas I've ever owned. In fact I like it SO MUCH I no longer like to turn on my Panasonic S2 Plasma, which is just a horrible set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61minutes /forum/post/20805318


I'm giving up on the 59D8000. I'm on my second unit (purchased through BB) and can't deal with the horrible directional buzzing. I replaced the first one but the second one is no better. My couch is about 9' away and centered, and the buzzing is very noticeable from my sitting position at low volumes or during quiet scenes. It is less noticeable at 45 degree angles from center.


It's a shame and incredibly frustrating because I'm in love with the PQ - it's very sharp with beautiful rich colors and awesome black levels. I want to stay with a 59-60" TV and am considering the 60GT30 (no VT in 60") and the Sony 60NX720. In the store the panny has a noticeable buzz (behind the screen, couldn't tell if any directional buzz) and I'm tired of dealing with buzz problems. The Sony has the best black levels of any LED I've seen (local dimming) and runs totally silent. I also like the Sony monolith design much better than the GT30 design.


If the goal is to get as close as possible to the 59D8000 PQ without the buzz, what should I do?

I'd vote for the Panasonic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 761-honda /forum/post/20805392


Sorry to hear you are going to let go of the D8000. I have last years 58C8000 and the picture just kills every plasmas I've ever owned. In fact I like it SO MUCH I no longer like to turn on my Panasonic S2 Plasma, which is just a horrible set.

I would hope it smokes your S2 since the c8000 was the 2010 flagship for Samsung and the S2 was one of the lower end plasmas for Panny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,168 Posts
You should look at the ST30. The performance also destroys the S2 and it's a much less buggy set with better gamma and color performance than the GT30, not to mention less fluctuating brightness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
You answered your own question. Get the local dimming LED set. You said that you can hear the buzz on the Panasonics in the store.....so I would imagine you would hear it loud and clear at home.


If it bothers you so much, and you were so impressed by the SONY. Get the SONY.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have a silly question about the buzzing? If you do not use the TV's speakers will the buzzing stop? I mean is it strictly caused by the audio of the TV? Since I'm planning on hooking it up to my new Denon 2112 receiver do I even have to worry about this?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61minutes /forum/post/20805318


I'm giving up on the 59D8000. I'm on my second unit (purchased through BB) and can't deal with the horrible directional buzzing. I replaced the first one but the second one is no better. My couch is about 9' away and centered, and the buzzing is very noticeable from my sitting position at low volumes or during quiet scenes. It is less noticeable at 45 degree angles from center.


It's a shame and incredibly frustrating because I'm in love with the PQ - it's very sharp with beautiful rich colors and awesome black levels. I want to stay with a 59-60" TV and am considering the 60GT30 (no VT in 60") and the Sony 60NX720. In the store the panny has a noticeable buzz (behind the screen, couldn't tell if any directional buzz) and I'm tired of dealing with buzz problems. The Sony has the best black levels of any LED I've seen (local dimming) and runs totally silent. I also like the Sony monolith design much better than the GT30 design.


If the goal is to get as close as possible to the 59D8000 PQ without the buzz, what should I do?

My Kuro buzzes, it does it all the time. I sit 9 feet from my 50. Most plasmas buzz, that is one of the major problems with that technology among others. I have been calling for the introduction of a new display techology that wouldn't have that problem. You notice that CRT never had that problem. Panasonics buzz, but not as much as some other plasmas, the very very few that are still in existence these days. If you don't want to hear any buzzing, go with LCD. LCD are great these days, still costly in comparison to plasma, but are better all around displays.


Anyway, you probably would get used to the buzzing. I don't pay it any mind most of the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 /forum/post/20837630


My Kuro buzzes, it does it all the time. I sit 9 feet from my 50. Most plasmas buzz, that is one of the major problems with that technology among others. I have been calling for the introduction of a new display techology that wouldn't have that problem. You notice that CRT never had that problem. Panasonics buzz, but not as much as some other plasmas, the very very few that are still in existence these days. If you don't want to hear any buzzing, go with LCD. LCD are great these days, still costly in comparison to plasma, but are better all around displays.


Anyway, you probably would get used to the buzzing. I don't pay it any mind most of the time.


Just my 2 cents, but my 2010 Panny does not have audible buzzing unless you put your ear right up to the thing.



Ian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/20838256


Just my 2 cents, but my 2010 Panny does not have audible buzzing unless you put your ear right up to the thing.



Ian

Neither does my 111FD, nor my 151FD. My buddy has a 58" Samsung plasma that I've never heard buzz either.


I'm not saying plasmas never buzz, but when they do it's the exception and not the rule that some here purport it to be.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/20838256


Just my 2 cents, but my 2010 Panny does not have audible buzzing unless you put your ear right up to the thing.



Ian

I think I noted that about Panasonics. I used to own one myself.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogPilot /forum/post/20838462


Neither does my 111FD, nor my 151FD. My buddy has a 58" Samsung plasma that I've never heard buzz either.


I'm not saying plasmas never buzz, but when they do it's the exception and not the rule that some here purport it to be.

Plasma buzzing is common for that technology, especially when displaying bright/white images.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 /forum/post/20839959


Plasma buzzing is common for that technology, especially when displaying bright/white images.

I didn't say it was uncommon. I said that it's not as prevalent as some here make it out to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 761-honda /forum/post/20805392


Sorry to hear you are going to let go of the D8000. I have last years 58C8000 and the picture just kills every plasmas I've ever owned. In fact I like it SO MUCH I no longer like to turn on my Panasonic S2 Plasma, which is just a horrible set.

well you need to clarify somethings:


1) the C8000 are you talk is the plasma or lcd led?

2) what are the others you have owned?


obvious you never see at least a panasonic G20 to afirm that, G20 is much better than plasma C8000.

about D8000 is a great plasma indeed (much better than C8000), the problem is being more expensive than GT30 and GT30 is a bit better than D8000 (obvious im talk plasma version not led version )
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top