AVS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 261 Posts

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Only made a little more progress but here is the mouth bracing we've decided on. Big thanks to @Waterboy77

Attachments

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Almost ready for paint.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Fatty,

This has to be one of the cleanest horn builds I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to seeing you get it finished up /installed, and then reading about your thoughts after hearing it.
Thanks Kevin, I need give most of that credit to waterboy77. He's the real talent behind it, I'm just cheap labor. LOL

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Thanks Kevin, I need give most of that credit to waterboy77. He's the real talent behind it, I'm just cheap labor. LOL
LOL...because it was the same for me when I got into DIY'ing. @asarose247was kind enough to invite me over to his place to build my first 2 subs. Back then...I'll admit it...I was such a little woodworking b*tch, lol, and I remember being nervous using the router because I didn't want to mess up my cabinets.

Fast forward to today...I have a garage with a table saw, router, sliding compound saw, compressor/brad nailer, and I love making stuff / DIY projects.

@Waterboy77, The sub is looking great and your own theater is also turning out really well. (i've been watching your thread). I think you've got a great sense of how to to keep things looking good, while being high performance at the same time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
AHHH Sucks your making me blush LOL

LOL...because it was the same for me when I got into DIY'ing. @asarose247 was kind enough to invite me over to his place to build my first 2 subs. Back then...I'll admit it...I was such a little woodworking b*tch, lol, and I remember being nervous using the router because I didn't want to mess up my cabinets.
Fast forward to today...I have a garage with a table saw, router, sliding compound saw, compressor/brad nailer, and I love making stuff / DIY projects.
@Waterboy77 , The sub is looking great and your own theater is also turning out really well. (i've been watching your thread). I think you've got a great sense of how to to keep things looking good, while being high performance at the same time.
Ya I love DIY and have been working on my tool collection for awhile now. I like to refer to myself as a wanna be amateur woodworker LOL.... lots left to learn. Some of my favorite projects are ones that are outside the norm..... like submaximus
Thanks for following along to my thread!!!
Not sure I would describe my system as high performance but it sure sound good to me.... still some stuff I want to do but I am enjoying it regularly

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
First coat of paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LOL! I agree waterboy....how dare Fattykid disrespect a sub as awesome as the Submaximus, with that little picture bullSh*t! :D

Kidding aside, amazing job with this sub! I keep telling myself that I'm done making changes to the subwoofer side of my setup, since I dont even get close to the full capabaility of what I already have.

BUT, looking at this huge, horn loaded bass weapon is making me want one.

How much $$$ for you guys to start on another one and ship it from Canada to California, with next day shipping please? :D

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
More small pictures... Brought fattbi*tch #1 home today, initial listening and measurements are good. Tomorrow I'll implement hpf and run Dirac. We'll see what she can really do.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
So I raced home from work today and cranked her up... only flickering the second light on the nuke and I think my house is gonna come down. #2 is just gonna make it so much better. My wife came down and gave me the "look", I laughed and said it's only 1/20 of the power... she smiled and shook her head, said guess who's getting new dishes..

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
GOT "POWER STRUGGLE"?

Just tell her paper plates won't break or rattle, less dishes to wash, easy clean-up

and more money for subs!
What could possibly go wrong...?

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I've heard Asarose's subs, so I know what the Maximus can do. Next time you're home alone, make all the lights on that inuke light up and duck and cover! :D:D
Gonna wait till Saturday when the neighbors head out then that's the plan.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
There's no shortage of quality demo clips/stuff

What's in YOUR demo(lition) list?

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
There's no shortage of quality demo clips/stuff

What's in YOUR demo(lition) list?
Tonight I was playing some bassotronics.
I don't normally jump to "demo scenes".
Honestly with this level of wooferage any movie has quality scenes.
I listen to some familiar albums, watch some movies and run some rew sweeps to make sure it's what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
somewhere else around here some one mentioned a bela fleck tune,"flight of the cosmic hippo "
can be found , for me, on Spotify. Silly crazy standing wave type stuff (for my room)
probably the same pedigree as bassotronics, same church, different pew

you're taking a pass on the opening of EOT, U-517, Apollo 13 Saturn V launch, Das Boot, WOTW ?

Repeat after me : My name is (insert your name here) and I own a frickin' SUBMAXIMUS V3.

Let us know anyway . .

Welcome to. the clubhttps://www.google.com/search?q=welcome+to+the+club&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS681US681&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=748&tbm=isch&imgil=2NEq4C-Dx8AbcM%253A%253BVt_1K-Oq-Dq5ZM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fmemecrunch.com%25252Fmeme%25252F87XRL%25252Fwelcome-to-the-club&source=iu&pf=m&fir=2NEq4C-Dx8AbcM%253A%252CVt_1K-Oq-Dq5ZM%252C_&usg=__rwuEI1FM_Y9sZGkc2S_8rEtYX4I%3D:

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
somewhere else around here some one mentioned a bela fleck tune,"flight of the cosmic hippo "
can be found , for me, on Spotify. Silly crazy standing wave type stuff (for my room)

you're taking a pass on the opening of EOT, U-517, Apollo 13 Saturn V launch, Das Boot, WOTW ?

Repeat after me : My name is (insert your name here) and I own a frickin' SUBMAXIMUS V3.

Let us know anyway . .

Welcome to. the clubhttps://www.google.com/search?q=welcome+to+the+club&rlz=1C1ASRM_enUS681US681&espv=2&biw=1536&bih=748&tbm=isch&imgil=2NEq4C-Dx8AbcM%253A%253BVt_1K-Oq-Dq5ZM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fmemecrunch.com%25252Fmeme%25252F87XRL%25252Fwelcome-to-the-club&source=iu&pf=m&fir=2NEq4C-Dx8AbcM%253A%252CVt_1K-Oq-Dq5ZM%252C_&usg=__rwuEI1FM_Y9sZGkc2S_8rEtYX4I%3D:
LMAO !!! Just for you I'll do the pod scene from wotw and the light cycle and air battle scenes from tron legacy.
Eot is cool but I like the accompanying effects of the other movie scenes, U-571 is one I haven't watched in a while... I'll get to that on the weekend.
Only thing I can really say for sure about v3, I should have built it sooner.. This really is the only sub I "need" in my room but hey pairs are always better.
I've been doing some space measurements and as much as I really wanted to add a pair of v2 as well, I just can't fit em..(right now) I'll find a way though. It'll be after the pair of Ist 24's get added though.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #139

Let us know anyway . .

And I like this one..lol
I do believe you and I are the only members..

Attachments

121 - 140 of 261 Posts