Registered
1,241 Posts
Looking good again!

Reactions: Fattykidd

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Are you doing two or four? How big of a room are these going in?
Doing 2 of the v3 . if I can figure out what to do with my 800ish bluray's and pc desk, I'd like to put 2 v2 at the back of my room.
Room s 3500ish cuft.
Still have a pair of Ist 24's that are being added as well.

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Build a RAID for a low profile HTPC and kill two birds with one stone.
Still need the use of pc for kids schoolwork and day to day stuff .
I've strongly considered a dedicated htpc but it would be redundant for my actual use.

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Thanks John. I hope it's something you're proud to have your name on.
It's easily the most incredible sub I've ever heard, thank you sir.
Yes I really hope we have done you proud John
Great design and the cut sheets and drawings helped immensely for the build
Kudos to you!!!!

:)

at the end of the day, if you are happy, then so am i.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
somewhere back in this thread, @chrapladm listed another driver he thought fit the modelingd/ T/s parameters/requirements to be suitable for a this build.

iirc, i looked it up, slightly less than $700.

and no doubt worth it . . .

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
LMFAO... So finally got to crank it up.. I like the "opening scene" from Art of flight, the snowboarding documentary.
Anyway, opening scene is a deadmau5 track that just hammers... Especially at 10db over reference... mind you I got a pair of sealed uxl's filling in with Maxx for now but still..
@mrogowski I love your uxl's man.. they are incredible.
@LTD02 Maxx is fantastic, he provides a laser beam of wonderous bass
@asarose247 Thanks for the help behind the scenes
@Waterboy77 I'm bringing timmies... let's get #2 done LOL

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
hhmm...many moons ago, somebody asked a similar question and i mocked up something like this.

it would be the simplest answer, just change all the depth measurements to width measurements and the area through the horn remains the same. the problem is driver spacing.

so that goes back to your question of side firing. this one has an assymetrical trapezoid exit that has the same area as the front firing. my guess is the effective path length is slightly shorter going that route, but i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

maybe some other folks can share thoughts.

another option is to simply fire the horn to the side (either into a deflector or not).

of course, total devastation could be created by aiming a pair at each other. :)
So was there ever any decision made upon whether it was suitable to make v3 side firing?

Reactions: Mpoes12

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
Finally !!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Nice!!!!

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Thank you

Will you have room for Titans back there?
Yes there is room, If I build the titans to 18-20" wide I'll have a couple inches on each side. The black surround on the wall is acoustically transparent as well so I can place speakers all the way to the side walls.

Nice setup I bet those pound. Congrats bro!
Thanks Mike, It's not as refined as many of the setup's round here but I wasn't able to convince my wife without making the setup "almost temporary". The wall could come down in 10minutes if needed.. She didn't want a "permanent" theater room. Who am I to argue.. LOL

Reactions: eng-399
161 - 180 of 261 Posts