AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search for the screen caps that compare the open matted HBO transfer to the 2.35:1 DVD transfer, but came up empty handed. Anyone know where I can find that?

My DISH gets installed this Wed and I am thrilled that I will be able to view HD content on my HDTV for the first time. :cool:

By the way, anyone know how good HBO's HD transfer for PRINCESS BRIDE is?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Frank, Any way you could capp the moon that is shown around

the end of the fight in the forest?

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I watched the HBO HD Gladiator the other night, and I was disappointed by the lack of low-light detail. I don't remember it being so bad on the DVD. The caps above seem to show the same thing--especially the smoke in the background, or the eyes of the guy on the right. Anyone else notice the same thing, or is it time to re-calibrate?

·
Registered
21,420 Posts
Time to recalibrate. Sorry. No question the HD transfer still has color and detail clearly better than an already outstanding DVD in my system! Watched just a bit of Gladiator in HD last week and could see that easily!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JonDax
I watched the HBO HD Gladiator the other night, and I was disappointed by the lack of low-light detail. I don't remember it being so bad on the DVD. The caps above seem to show the same thing--especially the smoke in the background, or the eyes of the guy on the right. Anyone else notice the same thing, or is it time to re-calibrate?
Do you get your HBO HD via cable or satellite? If it's cable then that could explain the low-light detail problem.

JohnR

·
Registered
136 Posts
I get HBO HD from DirecTV, maybe I was imagining things? I'll definintely have to watch it again, because I watched HollowMan last night, and it was stellar! As was Titan A.E. this past weekend. Just incredible. Even the peewee football movie with Rick Moranis looked good. (yes, I will watch anything as long as it looks and sounds good :p) I'm getting so spoiled by HD that some of my DVDs are now disappointing to watch!

--JD

·
Registered
605 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JonDax
I'm getting so spoiled by HD that some of my DVDs are now disappointing to watch!

--JD
Ditto on the DVD's. I hardly watch any anymore but I'll watch most anything on HBOHD.

JohnR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.