AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like another great effor by ABC! I did notice that when they switch to the '50th Anniversary' ABC Bug it also switches to SD. Just hope they get that worked out. Other than that, DD 5.1 and great PQ!

-Sp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Doggonnit! 'Gladiator' is SD and '4x3' here in Orlando! Does someone need to flip the switch or something? Oh, well, 'Spider-Man' looks sweet on HBO!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what happened!?!?!? Everything started out great in OAR and DD5.1 but now they've had that stupid 50 years of ABC logo up on the screen for the last couple breaks and its been in SD ever since!!?!?!?

Who can I yell at about this?

-Sp

·
Registered
976 Posts
finally something is not just happening to me... the 4x3 that is showin is all weird too, like its in slow motion..

chris

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by xris2o0o
finally something is not just happening to me... the 4x3 that is showin is all weird too, like its in slow motion..

chris
I'm seeing exactly the same thing. I'm watching on BEV through the Boston affiliate. Strange thing is that it started out great, then they turned on the 50 years of abc logo and the HD went away......

-Sp

·
Registered
90 Posts
...looks like we're finally up and at them with HD and DD 5,1/ OAR in Orlando.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks and sounds great here in Milwaukee! Hasn't switched to SD at all.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well then, I guess i'll have to stay up and see if the Seattle feed at 11pm is any better than the Boston 8pm SD feed....

-Sp

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Just finished with Spiderman - looked great - Bev Boston is still SD. They better not screw up Alias tomorrow night!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
It does look excellent, just as it did the last time it ran in HD on ABC last year(It was OAR then too). I'm a little busy tonight so I'm not paying much attention, but, I'm still puzzled though how they are fitting it into 1 night with commercials without really really cutting it down, as last time, it was over 2 nights, and 4 or 5 hours(can't recall which) ....

Anyhow, it's HD in Cincinnati, SD in Dayton ... 1st time I've not seen ABC HD when available from the Dayton Digital station.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Just talked to the Boston affiliate MCO. He said they have had HD encoder problems and are working off a loaner. Is everyone seeing Gladiator in SD watching on Bell ExpressVu? Or is Orlando & Ohio having problems. He's like to know. Thank.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
SDF777,

I'm watching both stations OTA, so it certianly "seems" to look like a problem at the Dayton ABC affiliate.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So far so good on the BEV Seattle Feed. But i can't quite remember when it cut out last time so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
976 Posts
im from mass and I saw only SD too.. it was in HD for one sec.. went back to price is right, came back and it was SD

·
Registered
702 Posts
in san fran, no screw ups so far.

plus commercial breaks are around 4 min or under. looks like they're gonna squeeze the movie in 3 hours...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.