2841 - 2852 of 2852 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
20,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK Doom  /t/1173155/gladiator-master-blu-ray-comparison-and-review-thread/2820#post_23357105

Is this the new version?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gladiator+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9136184.p?id=50018&skuId=9136184&st=gladiator&lp=2&cp=1

Any way to tell? Or are they all good transfers now since it was so long ago?

Why not go for the saphire series which is $5 cheaper? you shouldnt receive a "bad" copy now since its been so long,,Ive seen weirder things happen though..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if I can still send the disc 1 back to paramount so they can send me the remastered copy. Bought the sapphire series at best-buy last night but the video quality is DVD.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can anybody provide me with a link of info on how to get the correct remastered version. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
584 Posts
This is still a thing, 3 years later? I'd think it would actually be hard to get the old disc now. The remastered disc should have BVDL-103860B1 on the inner ring of the disc. Ok, I just checked my own disc, which was one of the first replacement discs issued, and it definitely has the number NA13081B1R2 on the inner ring. However I have seen other forum threads reporting the BVDL number. These are on the back of the disc, and you need to look at it under a pretty strong light, at an angle, to see the numbers.

Reactions: calculon68

·
Registered
411 Posts
I finally got around to ordering a copy of Gladiator on Blu-ray. Actually, I bought the double pack with Troy that's been out for a while now. Only 10 bucks from Target. Hopefully the Gladiator disc is the non-crappy version.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I finally got around to ordering a copy of Gladiator on Blu-ray. Actually, I bought the double pack with Troy that's been out for a while now. Only 10 bucks from Target. Hopefully the Gladiator disc is the non-crappy version.
Just got this in the mail today. The disc included is the Sapphire Series disc, and has the B1R2 number. So I'm assuming it's good.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I was really looking forward to giving the X5200 Surround Back channels a real workout tonight and put Gladiator in the Blu Ray player this evening. I remember "Denon Dave" demo of their new AV receivers at CES several years ago introducing Surround Back and the catapult scene was awesome, if any of you remember it.

Put a new Blu Ray copy of this movie in the player and the only DTS-HD option was 5.1 surround. I recall I had an older version which played Discrete Rear Surround channels on my AVR4810 but can't find my older disc to compare at the moment. So, the X5200 will have to wait for the Surround Rears to really shine.

Seems Gladiator was re-released a few years ago with better picture - but it seems on my disc I now only have a 5.1 DTS track. Anyone else observe this?

Raybo:(

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Does it contain the DC of Gladiator via seamless branching? What about the special features?

2841 - 2852 of 2852 Posts