AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many hours online, I have reached the conclusion that no store in any region of the world has this title. I am very interested in purchasing it for my collection. Anyone here wanna sell theres??

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
The superbit Gladiator is out of production, but I have seen a knock off that is region free on e bay from time to time.

Maybe somone will report if its transfer is as good as the actual superbit version.

Greg

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Earz
...but I have seen a knock off that is region free on e bay from time to time.

Maybe somone will report if its transfer is as good as the actual superbit version.

Greg
That would be a Regon 0 single layer copy (bootleg) that would be highly compressed from the standard version to fit. The case is probably a true copy of the Sony SuperBit title. So the case could be as good as the actual Sony SuperBit. Of course the compressed bootleg single layer DVD could not even come close in quality.;)

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by William
That would be a Regon 0 single layer copy (bootleg) that would be highly compressed from the standard version to fit. The case is probably a true copy of the Sony SuperBit title. So the case could be as good as the actual Sony SuperBit. Of course the compressed bootleg single layer DVD could not even come close in quality.;)
Thanks William,

I had no idea if they could buy dual layer dvd-r discs cheap in the east, were the seller at e bay is from or not.

This is good to know, and like everyone else, my search for a genuine Gladiator superbit continues.

Greg

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, I've been looking around on ebay for awhile, and it seems like no one is willing to ship a "real" version over seas........

·
Registered
854 Posts
Actually Gladiator was a DreamWorks release, and Universal was the co-distibutor. Which usually means the Universal was main distibutor for international releases and DreamWorks handled the domestic prints.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FoxyMulder
There's a few still available from Japan including Jurassic Park 3 and The Mummy Returns, www.cdjapan.jp
Did a search for Superbit in that site and wow I never knew there were Superbit editions of "Ghostbusters", "Joan of Arc", "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", and "Glory". I wish they didn't cost $40 each. :( I cannot find "The Mummy Returns" Superbit however. Got a catalog number for that one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.