AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He holds the decapitated head in the air and screams something, what does he say?

1. I would shove this head up your roman a.. if it was not screwed on?

2. All your heads are next so come and get this one before I loose it.

3. Why are you afraid to fight like men? You think you might loose your heads?

4. This is what will happen to your army when you try and defeat us. Hair today gone tomorrow.

Does any one know the real translation?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Could be-

"I'm afraid your messenger took a header off of his horse."

"Get your head out of the gutter."

or

"If you challenge us, you're going to lose face."

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
"For the last time, it's your turn to shave Momma's back!"

·
Registered
865 Posts
No soup for you ! Now go home ! "

·
Registered
55 Posts
Let us answer the original poster's question:

If you listen to what Quintus say to Maximus after the barbarian threw the herald's head to the ground, you will know what the barbarian is saying.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Are those all made up and we're supposed to choose the most fitting? Or you know the answer? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he is speaking a form of German so I don't believe it is totally fanciful.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping that the dialect of the Germanian Soldier was a real language and someone would be able to interpretate it. I don't think directors spending millions of dollars would try not to be realistic with the language. But it did seem funny that it was not put in subtitles.

·
Registered
510 Posts
He is calling something with "You damned dogs,............."

It sounds like old German, but I never paid attention to the rest, but I guess it could be "You damned dogs, this will happen when you try to overrule us" or something.

Greetings from Holland,

Frank

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Utopia
I was hoping that the dialect of the Geramanian Soldier was a real language and someone would be able to interpretate it.
The barbarians are called Germanians. According to the Internet Movie Database, the German used in "Gladiator" is Modern German. Can anyone who is fluent in German translate what the Germanian had said?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi,

it sure as hell isn´t modern german. I can´t understand a word he says, but it sounds like "it spooks in my trousers" or "You ****s, go home".

Yours,

Philip

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.