AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new TV 50" - 60" inches the room gets a ton of sun and I am looking to see which panels are best for reducing glare.

·
Registered
721 Posts
A ton of sun? LCD

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
LG 55LH90 full backlit LED with local dimming and Matte screen ... if you can get past the bezel design. Some love it, others hate it.

Samsung 58" plasmas have new Ultra FilterBright Plus which is very good with glare ... but don't know about tons of Sunlight.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You may want to try one of those Anti-reflective screen protectors. They're expensive (~300) but would probably make a big improvement for a bright environment.

By far the cheapest solution is to just invest in some blinds though if you don't mind it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar /forum/post/18254482

LG 55LH90 full backlit LED with local dimming and Matte screen ... if you can get past the bezel design. Some love it, others hate it.

+1

There will still be some glare with the LG's semi-matte screen, but you won't see reflections.

I really wish major manufacturers had stuck with regular matte screens.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Amen to that brother...especially with LCD. Plasma largely can't help it due to all that glass. Filters help but...

What is with all these glossy panels? What's LCD's excuse?

·
Registered
113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeBar /forum/post/18257308

What is with all these glossy panels? What's LCD's excuse?

People are attracted to shiny I guess. The same trend is happening to PC displays, they're all going glossy. I hate it, I think they're way worse than matte. I'll accept it for TV, especially since plasma can't help it, but not for my desktop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts