AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a little bit of it with the wife, ducked in after FD5. Need to be a BIG fan to see this. Then, it was obviously shot with HD cameras and doesn't hold a candle to the 4K projection of FD5 3D. Even the wife mentioned the obvious difference. Wait for the 3D BluRay if you want to see it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My wife watches glee, I sit through it, I didn't mind the first season but these last couple seasons have "without offending anyone been extra gay". I just can't stand the show, So when I seen they had a 3d movie coming I was really hoping she wouldn't want it go see it. Well the wife doesn't want to see it ether so I'm off the hook sitting through that.

·
Registered
29,423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 /forum/post/20829977

My wife watches glee, I sit through it, I didn't mind the first season but these last couple seasons have "without offending anyone been extra gay". I just can't stand the show,

The show has only had two seasons, FYI.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG /forum/post/20834084

I feel less manly for looking at this thread.

I second that. But I had to see if any straight person who is not a female would even care to see this

·
Registered
10,965 Posts
Typical stereotyping. You don't have to be gay to enjoy musical theater or Glee. Glee's first season was a riot. The second was uneven at best. I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray 3D disc, as much for seeing three of the hottest babes on TV as the music. (Oops, that's not PC either, is it?
)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Clark /forum/post/20844670

Typical stereotyping. You don't have to be gay to enjoy musical theater or Glee. Glee's first season was a riot. The second was uneven at best. I'm looking forward to the Blu-ray 3D disc, as much for seeing three of the hottest babes on TV as the music. (Oops, that's not PC either, is it?
)

I would agree, the shows theme is social outcast trying to be accepted and learning to accept themselves. You don't have to be gay to enjoy glee, this last season put a lot of focus on the gay theme which make some people uneasy, don't feel its morality right. I don't mind who you're with or marry but I did find the gay theme to be a bit overloaded. The wife watches and so do I, I just didn't like the overall direction of the show.

·
Registered
10,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 /forum/post/20846096

I would agree, the shows theme is social outcast trying to be accepted and learning to accept themselves. You don't have to be gay to enjoy glee, this last season put a lot of focus on the gay theme which make some people uneasy, don't feel its morality right. I don't mind who you're with or marry but I did find the gay theme to be a bit overloaded. The wife watches and so do I, I just didn't like the overall direction of the show.

You, me and a lot of other people didn't like the direction it took. They have some new writers coming in, and hopefully that will mean more music and comedy and less of the heavy-handed moralizing that went on last year. I had no problem with the "gay theme," as some called it, but it just wasn't nearly as funny as it was the first year (and especially the first 13 episodes). Uneven writing and uneven character development were responsible for that. I like my Glee light and funny and irreverent. I'll forgive a lot if they do that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.