Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.elexp.com/a_cat_36/z241-250_36.pdf

"MG Chemicals: High Purity Projection Tube Coolant" is on page 2 of the pdf

Has anyone bought from this place before? Are they reliable with mail orders? Is this this the right type of stuff? Being in Australia I'm always just a bit cautious before ordering from overseas.

I've seen some people on this board selling 1 litre bottles for quite a lot of money and this is only in 250ml bottles - much better quantity for just 'topping up' during a de-fung dont you think?

I'm starting to remove the fungus from my tubes this weekend so I'm going to need some coolant soon I think.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Seems to me that many people has seen this site:

http://www.eboyztoyz.net/1031q/pages...ngus%20removal

...and think that it would be a good idea to reuse the coolant, but if I'm not totally misstaken the same person doing the "defung" on that page later on wrote this right here on avsforum:

Quote:
Originally posted by PiDD
Dont forget NOT to reuse the coolant. I spent hours taking my ecp apart, pulling the tube, cutting the glass off and cleaning only to reuse the old coolant. A few months later its back... and way worse! Seemed I pissed off the little buggers!

Grab some new coolant is my tip!
So I would not just top of with new fluid if I was you!

Jan.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't think it's possible to find colored coolant, but maby you can use a "gel-filter" instead!?

Janne.

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Its my understanding that you cant get colored coolent :(

I wrote the defung instructions on eboyz site. I have reuse the coolent only after filtering it out. I have not had ny problems with the fung returniong but Im sure its possible. I do use a differant sealent as instructed by TINMAN and that may be the reason why. I am interedsted in obtaining color filters as I can gets sheets of gell filters for effect lights used in clubs as we do sell that stuff on the pro side of the company.

I noticed that there are filters called true blue and true red and woundering if these would work on a CRT projector if its refilled with clear coolent. This is the practice on the NEC's and I hear from TINMAN that the color representation is killer. I may take a look at the red and Green gells and see if it looks promising.

·
Registered
143 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.