AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an i1pro and CalMan software. I would like to also calibrate my Mac Powerbook and Dell Inspiron Notebook. I've been searching at the GMB web site and took a tutorial on i1match but I'm still a bit confused.

As I understand things, the i1Match software will profile my Mac and then that profile would be used a photoshop to display a photo accurately on my monitor. Is the i1 Monitor Module a program that interacts with my Mac to calibrate to D65 or is it just a key that allows you to use the iMatch software with monitors?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I know for the i1Pro you get from CalMAN is does not have a license to run the i1Match software but you can get a license key from GMB to do so. You fill in a form with GMB with your i1Pro SN, they then send you a unlock key you run from the GMB diags program which adds the license key to the i1Pro itself and will then allow you to run i1Match program on any system.

If you run the GMB diags with the i1Pro it will show what it has been licensed for. Here is a copy of mine see where it says Module "Monitor" is licensed, this is the license key to run i1Match.

Dongle Test

Module "Scanner" is not licensed
Module "Monitor" is licensed

Module "Printer" is not licensed

Module "Printer RGB only" is not licensed

Module "Printer CMYK only" is not licensed

Module "Beamer" is not licensed

Module "Printer Easy RGB" is not licensed

Module "Printer Easy CMYK" is not licensed

Module "Digicam" is not licensed

Module "Editor" is not licensed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN /forum/post/0

I'm getting an i1pro and CalMan software. I would like to also calibrate my Mac Powerbook and Dell Inspiron Notebook. I've been searching at the GMB web site and took a tutorial on i1match but I'm still a bit confused.

As I understand things, the i1Match software will profile my Mac and then that profile would be used a photoshop to display a photo accurately on my monitor. Is the i1 Monitor Module a program that interacts with my Mac to calibrate to D65 or is it just a key that allows you to use the iMatch software with monitors?

Thanks,

Dave

It's a key. I have the CalMAN/EyeOne Pro bundle also and just got my key from GMB on Friday. I1Match is the software that allows you to profile different types of output devices. Without the proper key(s) installed in the EyeOne, you won't be able to select or profile any device shown in the Match software. You'll need the most recent version of the I1 Diagnostics software to install the key.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Has anyone tried using the program to calibrate a Mac notebook? There are third party programs like supercal that help you yo calibrate by eye but I'm not aware of anything that lets you adjust grayscale with gains/cuts per color.

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts

Quote:

Thanks guys. Has anyone tried using the program to calibrate a Mac notebook? There are third party programs like supercal that help you yo calibrate by eye but I'm not aware of anything that lets you adjust grayscale with gains/cuts per color.

Profiles in your computer either change the look-up tables directly, or re-map the RGB, depending upon how they are done. Both are done within the graphics adapter, though, not in the display. As a result, the cuts or gains in the display itself aren't affected.

Bill

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Quote:

The old OptiCal program ColorVision introduced for the Spyder had a PreCal function that let you set up the monitor to be as close as possible to the desired light output and color temperature using the monitor's own controls before generating a profile. However, the color temp adjustment only used a 100%, full-white screen, and so did nothing for the low end.

Perhaps the current Spyder2Pro software has the same functionality?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
With EyeOne Match 3 you can use the advanced mode, which has a precal routine if your display has adjustable color temp or individual RGB adjustments. Once you get your display close with precal then Match 3 will create a ICC profile. On my HP f2304 LCD panel the pre/post difference is minimal because I can get it very close with RGB adjustments.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith /forum/post/0

With EyeOne Match 3 you can use the advanced mode, which has a precal routine if your display has adjustable color temp or individual RGB adjustments. Once you get your display close with precal then Match 3 will create a ICC profile. On my HP f2304 LCD panel the pre/post difference is minimal because I can get it very close with RGB adjustments.

Aha. Thanks, Derek. I've only used it to calibrate/profile my laptop screen so far, which Match only provides a brightness adjustment routine for in the advanced setup.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
In advanced, when you get to the "Set the White Point" screen you can click on "Start" and it will take WRGB measurements and then show you a live graph with RGB sliders, where you can then adjust RGB on your display and see the changes in real time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.