AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Web site, when it responds, is now not accepting a valid credit card.

India says "we don't accept Discover Card..." Hmmmmm...

Call back and get a different answer. So I ask India to place the

order for me. Should be easy enough to do, right? Wrong :(

40 minutes of India trying to place the order, perhaps 15 of that

waiting for them to confirm they DO take Discover, only to be

told the reason the web site wasn't taking the order was

because I needed to use a different E-Mail address. :confused:

Okay, I can play the game. Created a new account with a different

E-Mail address, and the web site still would not accept my order.

After India tried with the new account, and failed, I was told

they would escalate the issue and I would be hearing from them.

I asked, how? Phone call, E-Mail, postal mail? India's answer?

CLICK. India hung up.

I think I should hang it up, too, and think about Tivo. But, I

have no idea if I have a new 5040 to add to my collection

of other 5040's on it's way, or not. For as many times as

I and India tried to place an order, if they all go through, I'll

have more than heathriel!

ReplayLyndon, HELP!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, my last order on the ReplayTV website was on August 22nd and I used my Discover... So that probably isn't the problem.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Interesting. I didn't want to use my discover so I tried my mastercard. Tried three times and the web site would not accept it. Tried again with visa and it went through. Within a minute, mastercard was calling me to find out if someone was fraudulently using my card! The guy said something about not all the necessary info was being transmitted.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I can't believe they still haven't fixed this problem. This issue stems all the way back to the SONICblue days. A while back, my brother tried to buy a 4504 and his credit card kept getting rejected. After several unsuccessful attempts, he ended up asking me to purchase it for him with my credit card. Their authorizing system is obviously screwed up in a major way.

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's odd,

I just went onto the RTV website yesterday to lifetime activate my new 5040. I popped in my MC number, and everything went smoothly. I got my confirmation e-mail receipt within 5 minutes of finishing the transaction. It took about 8-hours for the unit to realize it was activated, but that is OK.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because it's the same price as it is from the Replay web site,

and if there's a problem with it I'd rather deal with Replay. If only their ordering process wasn't so screwed up, or you

could get to someone in CA or TX that actually gave a damn.

Damn useless off-shore customer service. What a waste.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I've personally never had a problem using my MC to buy stuff from the site. Over the years, I bought two 3060's, two 5040 refurbs, and a lifetime activation. Everything went smoothly on the first try. It's really wierd. Perhaps it has to do with the bank that issues the card?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, several hours later, and after many attempts, it went

through. Go figure.

Actually, I use the Discover feature that issues a one time

use only credit card number that gets linked back to your

real card. Never had a problem with it before. I suspect

there was a glitch with the Replpay server connecting to

Discover (or who ever they verify with) Who knows.

Could have been a down router somewhere as well.

But to have their cotracted Indian customer service rep

say the web site is wrong, and they no longer accept

Discover Card is worth about as much as they save

sending jobs off shore. Quality obviously not job 1.

The really sad thing was she said she'd have the web

site changed. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
65 Posts
some credit card companies and bank cards have a block on an International Purchases. I know this is on by default for Bank One cards. Call and ask your bank or your credit card company about it.

I ordered mine from Amazon, I agree with the other guy buy it from Buy.com if it is the same price

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I went to pay the lifetime activation on my 5040, my Visa bounced to. Then I received a call from my CC's fraud department to verify the charge. The really ugly thing about this is that I bought a refurb 5060 with lifetime 2 weeks earlier on the same card with no problem.

Go figure.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joef_rgb
Because it's the same price as it is from the Replay web site,

and if there's a problem with it I'd rather deal with Replay. If only their ordering process wasn't so screwed up, or you

could get to someone in CA or TX that actually gave a damn.

Damn useless off-shore customer service. What a waste.
I'm a bit confused by your post. Are you saying you'd rather buy from buy.com or directly from Replaytv? You make two conflicting statements regarding that.

Personally I would say that a reseller like buy.com or amazon, if they have a good return policy, is a better idea. Why? Basically, DNNA's exchange policy is not as good. The worst part about it in my opinion is that if you get a DOA unit that was new, you will be exchanging it for a refurb. Not quite getting what you paid for.

If you buy from someplace else, you can take advantage of their return/exchange policy OR still go direct to DNNA, whichever will give you the better results.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just bought a new 5040 from DNNA website the other day using a VISA,everything when fine..they shipped it the next day .Even faster than I thought.Maybe they are getting their stuff together.The whole purchase has been very smooth.Like it should be.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.