AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to use my gaming system as an HTPC also. I like the thought of having all my dvds on a hard drive and having quick access to all of my titles and flipping between movies without changing out discs.

I followed the directions in the sticky using WM7 and ripped all of my dvds into folders as movie only original format. Everything has been working fine so far.

So I decided to get a Blu-Ray player for the PC hoping I could do Blu-rays just like the dvds, here is where I am running into problems.

I used Auto Rip N Compress and DVDFab to rip the BDs. I downloaded TMT5 today and also the hotfix and installed them. I got Dvdfab passkey running in the background. When I go into WM7 Media Browser and select the BD it will launch TMT5 which starts the movie but it is sound only, no video at all. The 1080p TV I am using will say no video signal and nothing I do will get video signal back. I used cntrl-x to stop tmt5 and the audio stops but nothing i do short of rebooting the system will get me back to working video

I even tried playing the folder directly from tmt5 (not using wm7 at all) and got the same result. I can watch the BD if i put the disc in the player in tmt5 but even then i lost the video signal when i closed tmt5 and could not get video back without a reboot

I know tmt5 is a new release and isn't perfect but with an error of this magnitude I'm thinking i am doing something wrong or missing something.

Here is my system and software if it helps

MSI Big-Bang Xpower mobo

dual ati 5750 cards

intel 7i 930 cpu

quantum wave audio card (came with the mobo)

6gb ram

3tb hard drive space

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

WM7

MediaBrowser

DvDFab 8

DvDFab Passkey 8

Sharks codec pack

Auto RipNCompress

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any Suggestions?

Is this an issue with my video card and monitor? (Toshiba 40" HD) I am using HDMI. It seems to be when TmT5 goes full screen there is an interuption in the signal and for whatever reason it doesn't get re-established.

It does it regardless of playback from folder or the disc itself.

If I can't get this to work then I'm open to other options using software other than WM7 and or TmT5. Would I be better off using ISO or a file format other than vob?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a little more experimenting, it's def a signal problem.

I can start the movie, the screen goes black, I unplug the HDMI cable from the display and plug it back in and the signal is re-established and the video is playing normally.

So I guess my new question is, "What do I do to fix this?"

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrScrogg /forum/post/19542541

In case anyone else is experiencing this I finally got it fixed by updating the firmware on my Toshiba HD TV/Monitor.

That's great!

Good to know, someone else might find it useful sometime.

Enjoy your HTPC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts