AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
unfortunately it's on EPIX so it won't get the viewership it should...EPIX is building itself a nice stable of original programming- Perpetual Grace LTD, Pennyworth and now this...what they need to do to get on the radar of the general public is win (or even get nominated) for some awards

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm not an Epix sub but for some reason was able to watch the first two Eps. GFoH is some really good viewing.

Acting is very good and should be with the steller casting. Interesting to see some of the Netflix Marvel actors show up.
Actor playing Malcolm X also played Malcolm in "Selma".

Agreed, Epix needs to figure out how attract more eyeballs.

·
23,032 Posts
Took advantage of $0.99/month EPIX sub on Prime days. Binged the entire season in a couple days. Liked it very much. S2 coming next year.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
anyone not watching this gem is missing out on some great storytelling and acting. Oh and the actress playing Bumpy's wife is worth me tuning in, just to adoringly gawk at :oops:

·
Registered
25,969 Posts
‘Godfather Of Harlem’: Justin Bartha, Annabella Sciorra & Ronald Guttman To Recur In Season 2
By Alexandra Del Rosario

Godfather of Harlem expands its cast with the addition of Justin Bartha, Annabella Sciorra and Ronald Guttman, who will take on recurring roles in season two of the EPIX drama. Also set to recur are Gino Cafarelli and Isaach De Bankolé.

Also coming to the crime drama as guest stars are Method Man, Michael Rispoli, Neal Matarazzo and Grace Porter, who was previously announced to appear as Betty Shabazz. Erik LaRay Harvey and Demi Singleton have also been upped to series regulars for season 2, which will premiere Sunday, April. 18.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'll be very pleased to see this return. Great acting and storyline. And the actress playing Bumpy's wife is an absolute knockout !!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Season 2 has returned with two intense episodes focusing on Bumpy's issues with the mafia and Malcolm X's issues with The Nation of Islam. And now Adam Clayton Powell is calling for investigations. Good Stuff !!
Forest Whitaker Bumpy Johnson
Vincent D'Onofrio Vincent Gigante
Giancarlo Esposito Adam Clayton Powell
Paul Sorvino Frank Costello
Chazz Palminteri Joe Bonnano
Nigel Thatch An absolutely convincing Malcolm X
Ilfenesh Hadera Bumpy's stunning wife standing a statuesque 5'11"

a LOT of familiar faces in the cast:

I'm ALL IN for another excellently cast, written and acted season, full of intrigue.

·
Registered
25,969 Posts
Forest Whitaker On ‘Godfather Of Harlem’ Season 2, His First Music Video Shoot As A Director, Supervised By David Fincher, ‘Fast Times’ Memories & More – Q&A

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
really? already over and . . . nobody?
so- for the time being no spoilers
but . . . we have questions

·
Registered
969 Posts
really? already over and . . . nobody?
so- for the time being no spoilers
but . . . we have questions
This is simply a REALLY good series with an outstanding cast, writing and acting.
The nastiness of the squabbles with the mafia over supply venues.
The infighting within both sides.
The mounting tensions between Malcolm X and The Nation of Islam.
Fallout from the love affair between the Mafia Don's daughter and a black musician.

And a few more quality-presented subplots.
This is just plain good stuff that deserves a wider audience.

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Some final scenes struck me as a bit too facilitated by over simplification of what otherwise looked like “this is gonna be really tricky to pull off”. Too much coincidence like “Your Honor”. Can’t blame that on COVID!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts