AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Michael goes to see Pantangela and shouts at him "IN MY HOME WHERE MY WIFE SLEEPS..." I get bad distortion. I checked all connections and settings. Is it perhaps my cheap DVD player? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Though I've seen this one sixty five thousand times, I don't remember specifically, but I wouldn't be suprised if it's in the original soundtrack. It wasn't the most super-high fidelity sound of all time or anything.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apex. $60 at Circuit City. Also plays jpegs and mpegs. Pretty good picture and no sound problem on any other disc. Only two caveats: you may have to return it once or even twice, people have reported a lot of lemons, and you must read the manual to learn how to use the remote. In fact, the ones I returned may actually not have been bad. The problem was that the arrow menu buttons did not work. The buttons are on the same keys as the numbers. You have to press the "Shift" key first. It didn't even occur to me to read the manual for remote use. Now it seems obvious and I feel stupid, how would the arrow buttons and number buttons work on the same key without doing something like press "Shift." It's only a little inconvenient once you get used to it.

Anyway, that may explain the high rate of return. I would definitely recommend it if you are on a budget. I don't expect it to last for more than a year or so, but my previous one was a Sony $150 model that didn't last a year either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.