AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing COD4 online a few nights ago and I'd pop into a lobby/game where the characters would run a triple speed. Odd. I exited out, signed out, restart PS3 and same thing when I got back in to a game.

Now this is the odd part, my screen flickered and went blank so I shut it all down and restarted. This time on entering a game, the whole landscape was jacked up, helicopters going vertical through the ground, laser sights on my guns, just everything totally screwed up. I got a pop up about camo being loaded, all challenges completed (as I recall).

to sum it up, whomever "GODLYMODZ" is, hijacked my PSN account and completed all my challenges and boosted my score to some outrageous number. Also changed my clan tag to "FU*K". I noticed a few others playing at the same time with that clan tag, too.

SO WTF is this crap!?!?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
write a letter

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
what a ******....sorry bout your hi jack. I have no idea to tell you what to do other than call sony

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont necessarily care that someone would do this but how'd my acct and others (apparently) get jacked, like a virus almost.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its just a curiosity thing I guess.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
You account didn't get "hi-jacked", you just joined a game that was running a custom debug mode of a COD4 server and someone set it to unlock everything, mess with stats, ect. So, your game, most likely retained that information.

I'd suggest going into the PS3 cache data and deleting the CO4 game data (not the save files). As for the unlocks and stuff, it's probably borked to what it is now and there's not much you can do about it.

You should report the user through the XMB, so that maybe SONY will disable his account/blacklist him.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Its been going on since about two weeks since before black ops came out. I believe it was activisions attempt to break COD4 so everyone would buy BlackOps.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLEFAN67
I see nothing fun about what he was doing....looks like a bored geek with no girlfriend and ugly parents . I don't understand some of the crap he was doing...looked absolutely stupid.
I'd vote for bored geek with no parents and and ugly girlfriend.....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when I got my new slim after the fat RLOD'd my old COD4 stuff, scores and challenges were apparently stored online (I didn't know that, I thought it was on my PS3 HDD) so I picked up right where I left off when the RLOD struck. I may try with my slim, deleting the COD4 game save data and then logging back in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts