AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have DirecTV service on a DVR unit and want to copy movies that contain CP from the DVR to the DVD drive of either a SONY VX555 or a Magnavox H2160. After reading several threads in this forum it seems the two best choices for removing the CP are the GoDV Dpx-7000 or something referred to as the "Video Filter".

I cannot find the exact product name of the latter and no web site that sells it. One thread had a post from the designer of the "Video Filter" who works at "Logic Design" but searching the web bore no results. Searching "Video Filter" even with + other keywords gave no useful results and all "Logic Design" companies found did not make any video filter products. I can order the Dpx-7000 from World-Import but want to see if there really is a choice of getting whatever the "Video Filter" device is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerseylou

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseylou /forum/post/15467672

I have DirecTV service on a DVR unit and want to copy movies that contain CP from the DVR to the DVD drive of either a SONY VX555 or a Magnavox H2160. After reading several threads in this forum it seems the two best choices for removing the CP are the GoDV Dpx-7000 or something referred to as the "Video Filter".

I cannot find the exact product name of the latter and no web site that sells it. One thread had a post from the designer of the "Video Filter" who works at "Logic Design" but searching the web bore no results. Searching "Video Filter" even with + other keywords gave no useful results and all "Logic Design" companies found did not make any video filter products. I can order the Dpx-7000 from World-Import but want to see if there really is a choice of getting whatever the "Video Filter" device is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerseylou

"Logic Design" is the name he uses here at the AVS forum. It isn't a place or company, just his name. You will find many posts with his name, and he has been here for many years.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
You can even just look him up in the "Members" listings and PM him if you want. That's what I often suggest to people if he hasn't posted here in awhile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have read several threads here and went to a website... that is _____here22 dot com.

They have two models...

Stabilizer Model 100 (out of stock)

Stabilizer Model 200

On Sale: $34.88

Has anyone tried the Model 200?

I have seen this one on e_ay for twice the price. At that site, it stated that you can back up dvd to dvd.

I have a regular tv, regular philips dvd player and would need to buy a dvd recorder and some sort of video stabilizer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
$35 sounds awfully cheap for a filter that will work on DVDs. Usually the ones much less than $100 only work on VHS tapes, you'll definitely want a conformation that it will work for DVD.

Depending on the quality you want the DVDs to have if you wanted them to look basically like the original I'd look for a Panasonic. If you didn't need the digital tuner and wanted something new I'd look for a tunerless line input only Panasonic EA-18, Target sells them for ~$179. If you wanted a digital tuner then the EZ-28 Panny would include that, although it seems to be more buggy/flaky than the tunerless EA series.

If you wanted to go used the analog tunered ES line is quite good and makes the same great quality copies. The ES-15 was a '06 model and works quite well for a slave machine.

Pannys will make very good recordings up to about 3hrs/single sided disc. Double layer discs are more problematic and I'd really advise against them unless for very long programs and then only on the EA/EZ line.

Note no DVDRs will record in 5.1 audio, you'd need a computer and program to do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this might not be the way to go.

I am also looking into buying a new computer, all that seems to be out there is vista. Is there a program that works with vista that would copy dvds?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts