AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
There is a few things in my Home Theatre.
23,183 Posts
Cross posted from another thread on AVS:

Basically, I loved it. Look forward to buying the disc and blasting it at reference level at home. :)

Just finished watching it i enjoyed it more than the first :) definite buy on 4K when released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've seen it twice and love it! Had a friend join me for the first IMAX viewing and he loved it so much he insisted on a trip to the local Dolby cinema for the 2nd viewing.

Other friends and family who have gone to see it have given 2 thumbs up.

I hope it does well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I posted this in another movie discussion -

"My gf and I did not see it in the usual Dolby Cinema we go to. I don't know if the other Dolby Cinema's projector wasn't maintained properly or if it was just how the movie was shot, but the image looked a bit soft and the dynamic range was not impressive at all. The sound, however, was as amazing as I anticipated."

While I enjoyed it, I wasn't as blown away as I was anticipating. While there were more battles and actual scenes with Godzilla - and creatures overall - than the first, the cinematography in the first movie was better in my opinion. It still suffers from the issue that affected the first - and the Transformers movies in general - and that is too much time spent on the humans and their drama. To quote my gf : "The only role humans should have in these movies is to run and scream "Aieeeee!! Godzilla!!" She was also hoping for a Godzilla and Mothra vs everyone else battle royale.

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
I posted this in another movie discussion -

"My gf and I did not see it in the usual Dolby Cinema we go to. I don't know if the other Dolby Cinema's projector wasn't maintained properly or if it was just how the movie was shot, but the image looked a bit soft and the dynamic range was not impressive at all. The sound, however, was as amazing as I anticipated."

While I enjoyed it, I wasn't as blown away as I was anticipating. While there were more battles and actual scenes with Godzilla - and creatures overall - than the first, the cinematography in the first movie was better in my opinion. It still suffers from the issue that affected the first - and the Transformers movies in general - and that is too much time spent on the humans and their drama. To quote my gf : "The only role humans should have in these movies is to run and scream "Aieeeee!! Godzilla!!" She was also hoping for a Godzilla and Mothra vs everyone else battle royale.
Humans...I think ID4 said it best..:D

President Whitmore: What is it you want us to do?
Captured Alien: Die…die…

·
Registered
18,170 Posts
Humans...I think ID4 said it best..:D

President Whitmore: What is it you want us to do?
Captured Alien: Die…die…
That’s not very nice of them.

·
22,975 Posts
To quote my gf : "The only role humans should have in these movies is to run and scream "Aieeeee!! Godzilla!!" She was also hoping for a Godzilla and Mothra vs everyone else battle royale.
We have a winner!

·
Registered
18,170 Posts
What's the consensus? Is this worth a blind buy or regulated to the rental category? If it's the latter, I'm hoping Redbox gets the 4K version of it.

·
Registered
18,170 Posts
I saw it at the movies ill be picking it up.

I figured what the heck and preordered my copy. Hail to the king, baby.

·
Premium Member
There is a few things in my Home Theatre.
23,183 Posts
I figured what the heck and preordered my copy. Hail to the king, baby.

I will be looking forward to the next one Kong vs Godzilla. I think it will be like Batman vs Superman they battle it out first then unite to destroy a larger enemy.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
leftard echo terrorists VS Monarch [ the sane ones] and endless brawl among the "titans". Both preceding films were brilliant compared to this giant turd.
even Watanabe bails out in this one, and so is the chick from "Grinding Nemo"
nuff said!

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
Total crap-The only good Godzilla movie was the black and white first release with Raymond Burr. Dark and scary which is what it was suppose to be.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts