AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all you Toho fans. I just got a hold of the DVD-R that is now available on EBay, and must say it was fun seeing this film again after so many years. Up untill now it was only available on a terrible EP VHS release.

The DVD is the original Japanese version with an English-dubbed soundtrack. I also got a kick out of seeing the original story boards.

Cheers,

Peter M

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I never seen that one I own Godzilla 1998, I would like to "Rodan"color 1957 made into a disc. About monsters found in a coal mine then took to the air, then they found out there was 2 of them. Rodan was made 3 years after Godzilla made in 1954.

They may be corny to others but I like the 1950s The Giant Claw, The Praying Mantis with guy who playd Peter Gun in tv series.

Peter Graves with giant Grasshoppers that were carnivores, THEM 1954, Tarantula with Leo G. Carroll from Man from U.N.C.L.E. and 50s tv series Topper, Godzilla type maonster Lee Van Cleef shot at amusement park on top of roller coaster ride. 20,000 miles to earth with William Hopper who played Paul Drake in long running Perry Mason series.

A lot of now well known actors got their start in monster movies, be it 'The Blob' with teenager Steve McQueen. Michael Landon from the Ponderosa or Little House on the Prarie made a teenage frankenstin remember them. Even Harrison Ford made a ghost movie in What Lies Beneath.:)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, HOB, it seems you have great taste in monster movies!

FYI: I have every title you mentioned above in my library. The one you were referring to with Lee Van Cleef is, "The Beast From Twenty-Thousand Fathoms." I have it on DVD. I also have Rodan, Them, 20 Million Miles To Earth (widescreen), The Day Of The Triffids (widescreen), Target Earth (widescreen), etc. on DVD. If you're interested in my sources: [email protected]

Happy Viewing!

Peter M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.