AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am smiling from ear to ear watching this right now. These old classics are just FANTASTIC.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 /forum/post/19622193

SMC never heard of that channel.

Its Sony Movie Channel, I have it on Dish Network. Mothra is down, took some laser beam shots from Battra. Godzilla is currently stomping through Yokohama.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp /forum/post/19622396

Its Sony Movie Channel, I have it on Dish Network. Mothra is down, took some laser beam shots from Battra. Godzilla is currently stomping through Yokohama.

Oh yea i knows that channel 563 on directv....how do the twins look ?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 /forum/post/19622424

Oh yea i knows that channel 563 on directv....how do the twins look ?

The quality of the picture was pretty decent for how old the film is. Mothra and Battra became buddies to kick Godzilla's ass.
Good thing Mothra went and saved the earth from the giant meteor that was suppose to destroy us in 1999. I did a search Dec 17th its showing it again, might have to record it for old times sake.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTaGuMp /forum/post/19622396

Gotta have Howard Cosell yelling "down goes Mothra, down goes Mothra"

The other really hilarious film is Godzilla vs. King Kong. At one point the Big G starts kicking chunks of ground at Kong. It looks like Earl Weaver against any of a number of umpires.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 /forum/post/19622193

SMC never heard of that channel.

Topic title fixed.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981
Gotta have Howard Cosell yelling "down goes Mothra, down goes Mothra"

The other really hilarious film is Godzilla vs. King Kong. At one point the Big G starts kicking chunks of ground at Kong. It looks like Earl Weaver against any of a number of umpires.
I think Gamera is the coolest. Look at the air speed stat, Mach 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamera

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. /forum/post/19626811

The guide said it was going to be the 1964 film, but my DVR recorded the 1992 remake version. Still, any HD Godzilla is OK with me.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, at the end of the movie it said 1992, had me stumped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts