AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting my job at comcast, so I am dropping verizon. Everything looks better when its free
Its been a loooong time since I had comcast,so i have some questions.

1. How is the picture quality compared to verizon? Has it improved at all?

2. Do they offer cable cards and do they play nice with tivo.

3. Do tv and internet still lose connections often?

4. Does the dvr's have the capability of esata drives?

5. How are the internet speeds?

6. What hardware(cable boxes,modems....etc) is available for my area?

7. I know they give free internet and tv. I know they max out the programming on the tv side, but i don't know what speed they give employees on the internet side?

Sorry about all the questions, thanks

·
Banned
418 Posts
You've been hired to work at the cable company and you don't already know the answers to all of these questions? WTF? I need to apply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C64 /forum/post/20899251

Starting my job at comcast, so I am dropping verizon. Everything looks better when its free
Its been a loooong time since I had comcast,so i have some questions.

7. I know they give free internet and tv. I know they max out the programming on the tv side, but i don't know what speed they give employees on the internet side?

Sorry about all the questions, thanks

1. It sucks. There's extra compression added.

2. Yes, and mostly. Comcast has an annoying tendency to add "Copy Once" flags on channels. Verizon does not.

3. Probably.

4. No.

5. They're garbage because they've all been crippled with a 250 GB monthly bandwidth limit which effectively limits the connection's average speed to under 1 Mbps. It doesn't matter whether you're on the 12 Mbps or the 100 Mbps package.

6. IDK. They're no doubt incredibly inferior to a CableCARD-based media center PC setup.

7. You better hope they don't apply their ******** bandwidth caps to their employees.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm happy with my service in the Atlanta area. I rarely lose connection, very rarely, less rarely than thunderstorms fonk with my neighbors DirectTV, and that's not often, especially here, it hasn't rained since early August.

Internet speeds are awesome in my area. I have yet to get anywhere near close to a bandwidth cap, thats running a Netflix fairly often and kids playing Xbox with other kids in China.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C64 /forum/post/20899251

Not as good as Verizon, but it's better than it was a few years ago, typically on par with DirecTV.
Quote:

Yes.
Quote:

Not really, but it can vary from area to area. TV service and Internet are very reliable, as much as Verizon.
Quote:

I don't think so.
Quote:

Depends on what area you're in: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15643
Quote:

It varies. Ask in the HDTV Locals Forum, in the topic for your area.
Quote:

Don't know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.