AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I am going crazy on deciding between this tvs.Any input would be greatly appreciated.I have a few questions I guess that may help me out.

1.Which would perform better?

2.How much in the value of dollars is the V10 over the g10 (I can get a 54g10 locally for 1500.00 flat)?

·
Registered
362 Posts
i'd focus on the 2 Pannys, I don't see much value in the B750 over the B650s. I also don't think the extra $$ for the V10 is warranted, unless you have an overwhelming reason for some of the extra functions. But that is just my opinion...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I went to a store to check them out again.While the sammy has more pop out in your face effect (due to the brightness) watching the demo of spiderman the "soap opera effect" was starting to bother me a little.It looked more like a play than a movie.The g10 I was checking out was placed on the bottom shelf in a corner and I couldn't really get a good look at it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Time to get even crazier, I throw a kuro into your lineup of TV's for more tension filled decision making.
j/k

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
The samsung is an LCD? You did not mention that in the original post. Motion suffers on LCDs and the look of films is very different depending on the settings. Some like it , others don't - I hate it.

·
Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeasley82 /forum/post/17057781

Thought about a Kuro, but I need a 52" at the smallest and the only Kuros I found were 50" or 60". Can afford a 50" but not the 60".

2" is a deal breaker? I would always choose quality over size when the difference is only 2-4". Any particular reason 50" is to small?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am upgrading form a 50" samsung dlp that when I bought it it was an awesome size.Now it seems a little small, plus whatever flat panel I get will be mounted on my wall so it will be another 2' or so back.Also the dlp has almost no frame at all,its all screen, where as all the flat panels I have looked at, you lose screen size due to the frame which means a 50" inch screen is really only 49" or lower.

·
Registered
231 Posts
the big thing about the v10 vs. g10 is that for 24p material the g10 uses 48hz while the v10 can use 72hz. I would try and watch some 24p material on them to see if you notice a difference, but many reviewers say the 48hz playback causes noticable flicker, where the 72hz doesn't.

Other than that, no real reason to get the v10 imho

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.