AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help... sifting through all the options and getting the right sub-$500 pico/micro projector.

I bought an AAXA P300, and I'm going to return it.

My complaints with the AAXA P300 are:
  1. Focus wheel is horrible, impossible to adjust precisely
  2. I don't think the proprietary mini-VGA connector is going to last, too easy to snap off. I want a real D-sub VGA connector.

If not for those, I'd probably keep it.

So here is my list of requirements:
  1. Portable, pico/micro size
  2. Works good in offices with lights on
  3. Sub $500
  4. WVGA native mode or better (1280 x 800), 4:3, 16:9 aspect
  5. Regular-size D-sub VGA connector
  6. HDMI connector
  7. Precisely adjustable focus
  8. Tripod mount
  9. Ceiling mode (inverted image)

My uses of the projector probably split 50-50 between using it for small-office presentations and connecting it to a ceiling mount and watching TV/movies in my man-cave room. It will probably only be used about 10 hours a week.

Do you have any recommendations for projectors that meet ALL (or most) of these requirements?

So far, the only one I can come up with that meets most of this is the AAXA Showtime LED 3D which is $475 on Amazon. A second place is the Dell M110, but it's missing the D-sub VGA connector and ceiling mode (as far as I've read) but maybe they'll have a firmware upgrade for ceiling mode later (?). If there's another model that's, say, only $50 more, I guess that would be OK.

I'd like to know what other options are out there.

Thanks,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking into the Vivitek Q2 and Q2 Lite.

I'm thinking to go with the Q2 Lite, not because it's $40 cheaper, but because it has 10,000:1 contrast ratio (but doesn't come with HDMI cables or carrying pouch, and can't play files directly).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts