AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Samsung model 4665, and although I love the picture quality, my living room gets a lot of light during the day, and sometimes it can be distracting. So, I decided to get a newer Samsung model, and wanting the 120 Hz feature, a little bigger screen size, and not wanting the glossy screen anymore I'm thinking of going for a 52a630 instead of a 52a650. Has anyone gone from a 2007 model Samsung that had a glossy screen to a 2008 model with a matte screen and would care to comment on PQ differences?

I know my model has a stated contrast ratio of 20,000:1, and the 630 states a 40,000, so I am assuming I'll see an upgrade in quality. But I'm worried that going from a glossy to a matte, in dark room viewing (when I watch movies at night, for example) I won't see an upgrade over my current model, or maybe even a downgrade? Basically, how much does glossy vs. matte really add in "pop" to the picture? Thanks for any comments!

·
Registered
263 Posts
id get the A650, the quality is very nice. Go to the store and compare the PQ you will see the 650 looks better.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
If the glossy is a problem, I see no reason to go back to it. Is there a difference in image? Well of course, but what good is it if you can't enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts