AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a Yamaha RX-V440 reciever right now to power my 6.1 setup, but I'm switching to seperate 2 channel Adcom amps (3 of them). I was wondering, for sound processing and video switching is there a reasonably priced stand-alone unit, or is it more cost effective to continue to use an A/V reciever and just use the pre-outs to seperate amplifiers instead of the internal ones? What do most people usually do in this situation because it seems like all the processors I've seen are at least $1000+.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great, but $799 is still a lot more than my $299 reciever. This is not exactly a solution. My question is if there are no processors available for around the same price as a reciever, do people often just use recievers as processors? Are there any drawbacks to doing this?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I posted that because I thought it would be more in your price ballpark. You won't be able to find a new processor for $300. You might be able to get a used processor on ebay at that price, but it will likely lack some of the newer technology. If that is all you want to spend then keep your receiver and use it as the processor. Why are you going with the separate amps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.