AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Samsung LNS4095D from 2006 or maybe 07 has been having some issues as of late and I am thinking of picking up the Sony KDL40W600B, and would just like some thoughts and opinions:

I know the W600B isn't the greatest set in the world, but it is in my budget, and seems to address most of my wants.

Since the Samsung is an older set it seems very hard to find much info about it on the internet (for comparison purposes) but my concern is simple: Based on what I am used to (the 4095D), will the W600B be of equal or better quality in terms of:

- Input lag (in terms of gaming. cant find numbers for 4095D, and I seem to read conflicting thoughts on people's relative experience with the lag of the W600B...but if its equal to or faster than the 4095D than that's good enough for me)
- Motion blur (again for games, but also for broadcast TV)
- Cable TV broadcast (which is shown in 1080i and 720p at the highest)

General thinking would be that a TV built today would be better at all these things than a TV from 8 or 9 years ago, but my research leads me to believe that may not necessarily be the case.

So, will the W600B meet or exceed the 4095D in the areas of my concern? Thanks, I appreciate any help or thoughts.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yes to all of them. I have a Samsung LN52A750 and upgraded to a Sony 60W850B. The Sony is better in every way imaginable. Better color, better motion, better contrast. Sony had the best input lag of all sets last year, so you'll definitely be winning there too.

Make the jump, you won't be disappointed. If you are, there's always a return policy... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts