Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all.

In a recent show "This Old House" featured a house with a Mediaroom in the basement.

While not an HT proper, it could be a sign that HTs are going mainstream.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My wife and her mom and sisters recently went to tour model homes. All but 1 had dedicated media rooms ranging from glorified living rooms up to full blown HT's. I'd say it's most definitely becoming a defacto standard on at least moderately new designs.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hometime did a show a couple of years back. Called it their "Dream Home" or something like that. It was a really nice house and featured a home theater including a space behind the rear projection TV where you could access the AV rack. And what a rack it was. I think there's a link to it on their website ( www.hometime.com ).

Cheers!

- Ed.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
While looking for a new house with the parents a few years back, most of the new homes we looked at had HTs in them. Of course, most were DIY screens on the drywall and stuff, but they were still interesting. Some had some really nice full blown theaters.

Since I have started building my HT, one of my uncles started his own DIY garage to HT conversion and another is adding one into the house he is having built.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
This is the only place I know where people get so excited about terms like "stacked", and "what a rack" and they aren't talking about women. :D

Art
Pathetic, ain't it?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We're currently working with a home builder who loves home theaters and has decided his uniqueness will come from offering home designs with front projection home theater rooms already designed and built into the home.

He is just now finishing up his model show home. The home theater will have a 96" wide screen, Sanyo PLV-70 projector and Atlantic Technology Series 20 THX-Ultra in-wall speakers. Amp and sub are still undecided. Stadium seating, pillars, all the things we love. Probably not as well designed as a Dennis Erskine home theater, but it sure looks great.

Deane

·
Registered
326 Posts
I too believe with the lower costs of projectors, the small size of projectors with dlp and LCD technologies progressing as they are you will se HT or Media rooms in almost all homes, it just makes sence if your building a 200,000 home to sink 5 to 10k or more extra into a room thats outfited with a 100" screen and surround sound, It just makes sence.

As for us pioneers in the HT area, we will be the ones that convince the others that its a good idea and we may even change the connotation of the term "nice rack" for the good of mankind :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ebacherville
As for us pioneers in the HT area, we will be the ones that convince the others that its a good idea and we may even change the connotation of the term "nice rack" for the good of mankind :)
Sorry to say, but if we change the connotation, we won't be doing "man"kind ANY favors :D

Cheers!

- Ed.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,837 Posts
HTs going mainstream eh?

Gosh Guys 'n Gals....., I put my first Invisible Stereo Home Theater in a home on Marco Island, Florida way back in 1979, using, of all things, a Radio Shack processor (3 channels !
) and a HUGE 25" TV.
Done over 1800 of 'em across the US since then, most for people living in homes ranging between $150,000.00 to $750,000.00, but by golly, I've done Spec Homes in the $80,000.00 range too, complete with a small 5 channel surround speaker system for the 'cracker box' size family room.

Where ya'all been?

True..., more emphasis is being placed on the "big picture" in decreasingly smaller homes, but it is more due to peer pressure and price, than to acceptance of the genre. Many are still clueless as to what is the best value, they only know, "I just gots to get me one of dose...!"

Maurice
http://www.invisiblestereo.com

PS...,

Look closely at the attached picture, you won't see a speaker anywhere because the walls themselves ARE the speakers!

"Hearing is believing..., but Seeing is out of the question!"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.