AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I picked up an HP projector with what I beleive to be a faulty color wheel. I won another one on ebay today with a good color wheel and brand new bulb for $50! WOOHOO! Anyhow, I got the one with the bad color wheel all taken apart and ready to have the swap done. However, Im sort of at a loss on getting the torx6 screws loose to take the wheel out. My small torx drivers wont do it. I can get to one, almost two, and not the third at all. I was thinking about a ratchet and torx socket but that would be far too bulky. Any ideas on anything? I basically need a small torx driver that is bent at 90 degrees I think..... Thanks for any tips guys! I need to get to the three black screws behind the green pcb (pcb can be removed) Pics below.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone cares, I have completed the surgery and it went perfect except for some additional surgery needed. The patient was an HP VP6310 projector and the donor was a VP6320. When researching this, I found both color wheels had the same part number. However, when I opened them up, they were clearly different. I had to cut out a significant amount of plastic on the vp6310 to get the donor color wheel to fit. SUrprisingly, it actually worked. LOL! I played quite a bit of xbox on it and didnt have one problem. It appears, the donor color wheel is the improved design less prone to failure, which meant a lot more work but in the end, it is for the better I beleive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.