Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fought the good fight.

I have tried several antennas in several locations with several tuners. What an exhuasting month and a half its been. I want to take this time to thank everyone who has helped me along the way.

Unfortunately, I'm just in the wrong spot for HD reception. I'm about 40 miles with tons of trees in my yard and aparently, just on the wrong side of a hill.

I was getting spotty reception based on where I put the antenna, but the only final place I could put it was on the roof. For some reason, I can only get a crappy signal from PBS at certain times. I was getting NBC, ABC, CBS, and PBS at one point, but it seems the weather (snow) has made my reception spotty at best. I can't see spending $700 in hardware to get this kind of reception.

So, Charter Com. tells me that HDTV will be along soon (Q1 2003). I really hope they do unencrypted QAM so that I can get an tuner for the PC or STB assuming one supports QAM by then.

Thanks a lot everyone and if I can't return some of my equipment, I'll try to sell it here. Until then.....

-Brian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.