AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I should pick up that is unavailable here in the US?

I have an HTPC, and speak French.

Kelly

·
Registered
7,935 Posts

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
An original 'Amelie' film poster!

Wonderful film that is coming out on DVD (DTS and DD) in July!

I ordered one from a Parisian poster company except Parisian cinema posters are 36" X 48" - it's huge!

Also, have dinner at Chez Hubert bistro on outskirts of city. Great food and atmosphere.

Visit Napoleon's apartment at the Louve museum. It is beyond decadence to see how this emporor lived!

Rent a Smart car. It is a brand of auto that must be 8 ft long. Fun to drive.

You must visit Versailles (the castle) beyond belief in size and decor, the gardens and le petit Trionon (Marie Antoinette's villa on the grounds of Versaille.

Enjoy!

Jeff

JEff

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Brotherhood of the Wolf 4 disc (or is it 6-disc) edition. With the full bit rate dts! You won't regret that one!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

4 or 6 discs for Brotherhood of the Wolves? Why so many?

Kelly

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
If you're an Amelie fan- a rather overpraised film but a pretty good one nonetheless- do a search on the title and somewhere you will find a shot of a special tin case for a special edition DVD with lots of neat looking stuff within. Sure to be a collector's item.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Also anamorphic on Region 2 but not Region1 is Jean de Florette and Manon of the Spring. Be careful, though, unless you speak fluent French. I got one in Italy that had English subtitles. A friend loaned me a French version w/o subtitles or English dub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.