AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A-B comparisons with my old Pioneer 563A and the Oppo wins. The 93 will play 2 channel for me until I come up with the funds for a BDP-103 as I need a universal player to handle some of the SACD's along with Blue Ray audio.

Questions is regarding wireless streaming from the computer.
Any opinions of using just the BDP-93 and no other external device(Sonos, etc) to play some FLAC files?
Are there any settings in the Oppo and the computer that will maximize the SQ?
I downloaded the media server software suggested in the Oppo knowledge data base(oShare?) but I have read that something like JRiver actually sounds better? I've just started to rip some cd's to the computer so it will be a few days before I actually move the Oppo from the HT rig to the 2 channel area.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
A-B comparisons with my old Pioneer 563A and the Oppo wins. The 93 will play 2 channel for me until I come up with the funds for a BDP-103 as I need a universal player to handle some of the SACD's along with Blue Ray audio.

Questions is regarding wireless streaming from the computer.
Any opinions of using just the BDP-93 and no other external device(Sonos, etc) to play some FLAC files?
Are there any settings in the Oppo and the computer that will maximize the SQ?
I downloaded the media server software suggested in the Oppo knowledge data base(oShare?) but I have read that something like JRiver actually sounds better? I've just started to rip some cd's to the computer so it will be a few days before I actually move the Oppo from the HT rig to the 2 channel area.
If you can get JRiver to talk to your OPPO without a hard connection, it would sound delightful.

Reactions: acebreathe
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.