AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 10 years of trying I've finally made it to Japan. I figured while I was over here I'd check out the prices on the Marantz and Sharp DLP units.

I've already done some price shopping for Plasma displays - At the current dollar to yen exchange rates these units go for 50% or less than my local P.A. dealer prices. Sheesh!

Anyway, places to look for these units while I'm here would be appreciated!

Brian.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Check out AVAC. They have them both set up. One block from the Akihabara stop - right on the main street. Step out of the subway and walk away from the heart of Akihabara.

Pip

·
Registered
244 Posts
AVAC is good to see projecors in action, as they have a good (dark) viewing room, and very reasonable prices.
http://www.avac.co.jp/

For the best prices, check out kakaku.com, locate a shop which is in Tokyo (phone number starts by 03). These are small, back streets storage room/mail order shops.

Can be hard to find but there are maps on their web sites.Make sure to call them for checking if they have stock.

They do not offer any shop gurantee or return policy, only the basic manufacturer guarantee

Rob

·
Registered
157 Posts
A word of caution on the back street shops - they rarely dake anything but cash or a japanese bank account bank transfer.... and they have draconian return poplicies (eg 5days).

I would not touch them with a barge pole for AV, but they are great for computer components...... dont expect any of them to speak english.

AVAC is a good bet.... i just bought a marantz there last weekend and I am watching it as we speak (in fact, through some mix up they sent me two units !!).

cheers

Adam

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Quote:
in fact, through some mix up they sent me two units !!
Wow. Double stacking two Marantz VP-12S1's :) If you don't want the other one I'll take it off you ;)

Spero D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.