AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you goo experts, I need alittle help. I have a sony 1031q crt and will be shooting on a 80x60 screen. Questions is, what's the best product to use goo on. The screen will be mounted to the wall and I would like to stay light in weight. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jimmy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am planning on usig 1/4" MDF. It provides a really flat surface, and the 1/4" shouldnt be too heavy. I will the fix it to the wall with screws around the edges of the MDF and finally put some black trim around the edges to cover up the screws. Make sense?

My $.02

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mills
I am planning on usig 1/4" MDF. It provides a really flat surface, and the 1/4" shouldnt be too heavy. I will the fix it to the wall with screws around the edges of the MDF and finally put some black trim around the edges to cover up the screws. Make sense?

My $.02

My wife and I made our own screen using 3/16" Gator Board, and it is extremely light. A 8ft sheet weighs about 9-10 pounds. Ours was cut down to 44.5 x 76 which gave us a 2" boarder all the way around for our 82" 16x9 screen. We then taped the 2" boarder with Duve-pro tape (its like duvetyne fabric.. got that velvet feel). We just did that last night after having it bare for about 2 weeks, it looks much better.

We also used two coats of digital grey base coat, and two coats of digital grey top coats... both rolled on using rollers provided by goo systems. It came out very good IMO. We are using a Sony HS10 and the picture is incredible.

We also have wood that we are going to make an actual frame from, got it at Lowes. Hopefully when we are done cutting it and painting it black, it will end up looking like the frame/screen from goo systems website. The one with the LOTR picture on it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered some goo off the web site a couple days ago and haven't heard back yet... I hope they didn't forget about me 8 (

Maybe I'm just being impatient but I'm used to people sending me the shipping info sooner than this...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Sorry. we don't respond by sending an e-mail confirming shipment. We should I guess... But it has been shipped out. We are new to the internet shopping thing. Heck, I haven't used a CC myself in 20 years! I look in my pocket. If there is no money there.... I'm broke. If there is some in there.. I'm rich! Can't afford to live on borrowed time...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ok hehe. As long as I get my stuff I'm A OK. 8 )

I rarely if ever buy anything in real cash anymore... not when you can save so much money buying things off the net. Plus I'm lazy !! 8 ) I sort of like having some1 knock at the door and handing me toys! It makes me feel better after a 12hr day at work...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.